EB3A UPS cutting without power disruption

I am sure that there are other discussions here about the UPS cutting unnecessarily

I use my EB3A as a UPS for my CPAP machine

Some time ago I said to my wife the power must have gone off in the night because the UPS cut in - it turns out that the power did not go off - none of the clocks on appliances went off

Lately I have noticed that the UPS will cut in 2 or 3 times a night without there being any disruption to power

This is quite annoying as the CPAP turns on and off with obvious consequences.

Is there a fix in the works for this or do I return the EB3A for warranty replacement?

If you have not upgraded the firmware, update it and try again.

@bluetti_startledemugmailcom Please provide me with the SN and the firmware version then I can check if there is a suitable firmware for you.

Thank you - I think this is it - EB3A2231001780956 - That’s the number that appears as my device on the app

The firmware version(s) is/ are: Current: ARM 2053.07, SDP 2052.10 - there do not appear to be any updates on the app. I have no idea what ARM & DSP mean - thank you

@bluetti_startledemugmailcom Please update the DSP firmware to DSP205211 to test.

Thank you. I have installed the update and will test over the next 2/3 days and report back.

Also, thank you for your prompt replies.

Thank you. The update seems to have worked. Thank you for your assistance!

1 Like

Perhaps the UPS function is a bit oversensitive. Wen I used my AC300 as UPS it had two episodes of switching to battery daily. At around noon and and end of the midday. It may have been some net voltage dips but my volt meter did not register them. (Maybe because they were short in duration) My APC UPS was fine and stayed on grid power. If it was not the net when it may be an internal Bluetti UPS issues, but I expect it just being oversensitive.

Well I spoke too soon - the UPS cut in 3 times in an hour this evening - very disappointed

Thank you - I just don’t know what to do - cpap is vital for me (not a weight issue) and I purchased the Bluetti to give me comfort that it would still work when the power went off - now my sleep is interrupted when the UPS cuts in

I would probably ask my healthcare or CPAP provider on what they advise as UPS solution. Something that is silent to be close to your bed, something that is reliable and has enough runtime.
I’m from a computer and server admin background and while professional IT UPS systems are very reliable, most of them tend to be very noisy, and runtimes with traditional lead-acid based batteries are not good.

Thank you. I did have a look at a couple of bateries before I purchased the Bluetti - I thought that they were expensive for what they were but in hindsight I probably should have purchased one as they were cpap specfic - hmmm hindsight…I am going to be conducting a little experiment - rather that plug the Bluetti into a wall socket I will plug into a powerboard with a surge protector and see if that makes any difference

@bluetti_startledemugmailcom

1. Whether the output will be cut off when fully charged from 99% to 100% in UPS mode.
  2. Try switching between silent mode and standard charging mode to see if it is cut off in a specific charging mode or in all modes.
  3. Can you try adding a fan and blowing it towards the vent of EB3A to see if it will cut off the AC?

Thank you - will try your suggestions

@bluetti_startledemugmailcom Looking forward to your update.