EB3A started to reset(turn of for a second) AC output randomly

My EB3A works as backup power for 3D printer everything almost worked fine
Despite it’s turned off when 20% on display when there is no power.
So I’ve decided maybe it is eco mode to blame, tried to disable eco mode.
After that my EB3A on external AC and fully charged.
I’ve put it to print and I came to see ready printed parts but printing interrupted because power went down, about 5 times and everytime the same I thought printer problem. So I’ve started to monitor I put printer to print some parts after warming (the highest load around 400W) it started to print (it’s about 120W continues load) in about 20 minutes the green LED of AC output on EB3A blinked and my print stopped. Here it is the problem is in a BLUETTI and it was hard to catch. Then I started again and reset happened almost immediately after warming 3Dprinter in about 1min. Tried again and then in 10 minutes. So sure I’ve tried to switch eco mode back, but problem still exists, these random resets are pretty annoying.
Is there a way to fix it?

Hi @coozoo, Regarding this issue, we would like to gather more information:
1/ Could you confirm if the AC output of the EB3A turned off, or if the EB3A itself shut down completely?
2/ What is the ambient temperature? High temperatures can affect the device’s performance.
3/ Please try using the EB3A with a different load. Does the issue persist with other devices?
4/ Is there any error code displayed on the EB3A?
5/ Could you provide the serial number (SN) of your EB3A and the current firmware version?
We will investigate the issue further once we have this information.

1. yes it’s shutdown by itself for very short time
  2. ambient temperature about 20-25C so it’s pretty good
  3. it’s hard to see with another device because this 3D printer shows me that power has shut down, I need to find some device with the same behaviour
  4. nope no any error, it is simply blink of green light for AC output that’s all
  5. EB3A2247003795127
    ARM v2063.03
    DSP v2052.11

PS and I’m not sure if it’s normal behavior I’ve checked it yesterday to get version and in two days without grid it falls to ~60% and today morning 9 hours later it is now just 38%. I suspect there is some leaking elements in PCB is that possible?

About 3rd point
yes, I’ve tried with laptop with enabled logging, of power loss, after turning unit on it’s happened in about 4 hours, and then repeated in 340s (5.6m)
KERNEL[18924.792219] change /devices/platform/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ADP0 (power_supply)
KERNEL[19264.266487] change /devices/platform/ACPI0003:00/power_supply/ADP0 (power_supply)

so it’s it is still happening with other load

Hi @coozoo, we have applied to upgrade your DSP. Our IT department will push the DSP v2052.51 to your machine in 24 hours. Please upgrade it tomorrow.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.
Please let us know if it works.

When you mentioned that the EB3A dropped from 60% to 38% overnight, we’d like to confirm whether you had turned off the AC/DC output and disabled ECO mode.
We recommend performing a battery recalibration after upgrading the DSP.
Please follow the steps below to recalibrate it:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station) until the SOC is 0%, turn off the machine, and leave it for 3 hours till it cools down.
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.

You can click this link for reference.

Please let us know if it does help.

Thank you, so, I’ve tried the next

• I’ve updated to new DSP v2052.51
    as I understood there is bug with display INPUT almost always shows 0 watts just few times I’ve seen 104 but it’s absolutely not related to real values at the same time output shous correct values
    in app output fine and equal to output.
  • I’ve discharged unit till it’s turned off an left it overnight
  • I’ve charged it without load and without interruptions

Then I’ve connected it to printer just applied heating approx 400W and got two restarts in a row in less than 5 minutes. After that I’ve I’ve printed about 2-3 hours without shutdowns with heating few times and usual load and then at some moment I got it again when load was about 200W.
I’m not sure but maybe there is some relation to load maybe it resets more often with high load but that’s not statistical data it’s just impression.

It was hard to catch what’s going on on display during reset, it’s hard to keep display always on and watch it for reset, but I was able to catch few times, so no errors during reset but when it works fine it shows 100% 30h and then eventually reset and time goes down 30h->AC led off->4h->6h->AC led on->30h. The order is not precise because as I’ve mentioned it happens in about 1s…

Maybe you have some ideas if it is failing component? I can check it with multimeter.

Hi @coozoo, We are not entirely sure about this issue, so we recommend measuring the input and output voltages of the EB3A with a multimeter. Please do not attempt to disassemble the unit, as this could void the warranty.

In fact, it’s normal for the AC input power displayed on the app to differ from that on the EB3A’s LED screen. The app shows the grid input power, which includes both the power used to charge the machine and the bypass load devices. Meanwhile, the EB3A screen shows only the power for self-charging.

However, if the input consistently shows 0W, that is definitely abnormal. It should only display 0W when the battery is at 100% and charging has stopped. For this issue, we recommend contacting customer service for repair.

What do you mean measuring input and output voltages?
As far as I can understand the whole point of UPS mode never shutdown output till there is charge in batteries, but if input is fine then never shut down output.
input pretty stable ~233V (never less than 215V)
Output the same ~233V actually as I understand it is the point of UPS mode.
turn off AC button and output ~0V (I suppose there is some capacitance there that’s why almost 0)
I’m pretty sure that output voltages will be zero during these shutdowns because I heard relay switching sound and I’ve seen button blinks

Interesting point about disassemble and lost warranty and nice dilemma to have non working device with warranty and repair it and lost warranty…

About different input ondisplay ok, maybe I haven’t seen this behaviour before, never stared on display for so long time, because it was 100%, so it’s just design bug that it’s not mentioned anywhere that it is just power that goes to battery, btw in manual it is as well written INPUT. so it is ok.

I’m not sure, but I think I have identified problem, first I found a video where the one man claimed that his machine always resets power for short time and he’s able to fix that by improving cooling he said it’s heatsink overheating.
My current through day room temp varies from 22 to 26 degrees, really not so hot as it was during summer.
So I’ve tried again to connect my laptop (not so high load as 3D printer that’ why with 3D printer it looks more random)
And after that it doesn’t looks so random, basically with each such power drop in a few seconds cooler starts to spin, yes there is lot of cases when cooler starts to spin and no drops, but every time at least with this new firmware power reset and then cooler starts to spin, so I making logical conclusion that it is basically overheating and cooler starts too late to prevent power drop.

in 2 hours i had 3 drops
first one in about 30 minutes after plugging laptop down time 1.23s
2nd 50 minutes after first - 1.5s
3rd 40 minutes after second - 1.52s
keep in mind that down time it is laptop switching power time it is almost instant but still it includes laptop reaction time

everytime when there was such power drop in around 5 seconds unit fan has started to spin. Fan worked as well maybe 3-5 times between such occurrences.

So basically yes if presume that it is overheating like claimed by this guy on video such behavior looks pretty logical and fan simply to late in its attempt to cool everything down.

Now only question for me why it is started to happen now and never happened before and why no temp error and this weird shutdowns. As I said even during summer when I had temp error there was no such drops like this

Hi @coozoo, I agree with your observation that it seems unusual for the fan not to activate even when the internal temperature rises.

We recommend contacting customer service to arrange for a repair. If you’re unsure how to reach them, please send me a message with your order information, and I can assist you in arranging it.