EB3A really problemtic in hot weather conditions

Hello,
Is it me the only one who’s getting problems with using in hot condition?
First day when ambient temperature was about 35°C came home and I saw temp error and stuck in 78% charge my thought was, hm strange and this error have not disappeared in evening when it was much more colder. Found one thread where it was suggested to unplug from socket and then plug and wonder error disappeared (at first I thought it’s kinda stupid do not recover from such error, but my later observations pushed me to suspicious that there is some temp gap when it is allowed to charge again and simply it wasn’t enough diff and when unplug it is resetting somehow).
Later next day again ambient temperature 37°C. I have no electricity and discharged my bluetti to about 80% level, then electricity recovered and it’s started to charge, cooler started to spin everything fine, in 99% temp error appeared and in 1-3 minutes cooler stopped spinning, but temp error still there, from error in app as I understood shut off charge tem is about 40°C, then I started to examine device and actually yes walls some kinda a bit hotter, but I don’t know what’s temperature inside. Temp error on screen no charge, internal cooler off. What to do!? I got my PC fan with battery but it is larger 92mm so I’ve tried it it on the side but as it’s kinda grooved it is pretty inefficient, as I have larger cooler I’ve tried to blow the air through out hole sure it didn’t work because in hole pretty small and there is cooler with opposite fins, venting out through the out hole wasn’t impossible because pc fan sucked more air from the side. The only option it was push the air through in hole and finally I started to feel that the vented out air it really a bit hot. During all of this process device a bit discharged to my load (3D printer) and showed 97%. When air from out hole was really colder the temp error disappeared. Device started to charge but internal cooler wasn’t spinning as result I got temp error again in 99%, and internal cooler never turned on. So I put my cooler back again to the hole about 10 minutes and device charge to 100%.

What problems I see here:

1. when charging in hot condition internal cooler sometimes not starting leading to overheat.
  2. pretty close problem to 1st, during overheat device not enabling internal cooler as result overheat can stay for ages.
  3. there is no way to know what actually is the problem, I mean the level of temperature, is it really overheat or something else.

My suspicious that cooler turning off so fast after temp error because it’s really loud, but imho if we got such error then we need to cool it down at least 10-15 minutes.
IMHO possible solution includes such fixes:

1. expose device temperature probe value in app
  2. Add some button that forces cooler to spin, something like allow to user to force “Vent out”
  3. prolong cooler spin time after temp error
  4. do not start charging without cooler when temperature is close to Temp error limit

Yes, cooler small and loud but still such problem can be solved programmatically.

PS. I successfully logged in to app for years but going to off site it pushed me to reset my password for my security. There is nothing safe in resetting my secure unique password, despite if there is a leak of passwords from bluetti system and I hope it’s not a case because then users should be notified about that.

Similar problem. When the room is hot, the EB3A overheats and refuses to charge. Charged from 28% to 80% in 5 hours (no AC or DC load), couldn’t get it to 100 due to overheating. I heard there is some software solution for cooling, if so, send it to me for devices.

EB32308014788102 and EB32303002789163

ARM v2053.08

DSP v2052.11

1 Like

Mine latest available
ARM v2063.03
DSP v2052.11
EB3A2247003795127
But it would be great to receive any fix…

Overheating is a known problem in the forum with different reasons. Be sure to leave enough space around the unit and with fresh airflow (Dont put it in a shelf etc.). Also check, if a new public firmware is available.

@BLUETTI_CARE Could you have a eye on this? Maybe there is any firmware available to fix the problems?
Thanks
Erik

Hi @AlexanderOD and @coozoo , we found that you already has the latest DSP.
We recommend upgrading to the latest firmware and then calibrating the battery.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.
    Please let us know if it does help.
    If not, please contact us for further service.

Please place the device in an appropriate room-temperature environment for charging. Please note that the maximum charging temperature is 40°C, but it is best to avoid operating at this threshold. For optimal user experience, it is recommended not to exceed 35°C during charging.
During charging, try switching to fast charging mode and observe if the fan automatically starts.
If, after following the above usage methods and operating between 35-37°C, the fan still does not start during fast charging and a Temp warning is present, the device will need to be repaired.

Hi @coozoo , Regarding your feedback about implementing your requests in the app, I’ve forwarded it to our product development team. However, integrating such features into the app might pose challenges. Regarding the password reset issue you mentioned, it does sound unusual. Could you please provide specific details so we can investigate further? Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team for assistance.

1 Like

Hi @Selfmadestrom , Even though the ambient temperature isn’t high, the internal temperature of the device might be elevated. When the device overheats, it automatically stops charging as a protective measure for the battery. Our latest firmware is helpful to address this issue.

1 Like

Are you talking about the latest DSP or ARM firmware?
Judging from this forum thread, my DSP is the same as coozoo’s, and his ARM is more recent than mine. If it’s an ARM, could you send it to me as well?

As for discharging to 0 and charging without interruption, unfortunately it is not possible now. I will try to do it when the power situation stabilizes.

@BLUETTI_CARE
Does updating with some fresh software solve the overheating problem?

Hi @AlexanderOD, In general, we periodically push public versions of firmware updates to customers, and we always recommend customers upgrade to the latest version available in the Bluetti app if they encounter any issues.

Currently, we do not have specific firmware designed to address the overheating issue of the EB3A. Therefore, pushing the same ARM firmware as coozoo will not resolve your problem. We still recommend that customers periodically recalibrate their batteries (every 3 months), but if it’s inconvenient, you can do it at a later time.

It is normal for the battery to generate heat during charging and discharging.

Hi @AlexanderOD and @coozoo , our R&D department told us that there is a new firmware that does help to resolve this problem. Now I have applied to upgrade your systems to our IT department. They will push the latest version of DSP to your machine in 24 hours.
Please upgrade the firmware tomorrow. Please do not load any device when upgrading it. Please let us know if it does help.

@BLUETTI_CARE
I checked and don’t see an update for my devices.
I missed the message from you and am just now checking to see if it is available.
Is there a deadline for it to be downloaded or has it not been sent to me yet?

1 Like

Hi @AlexanderOD, I have consulted our engineer about it, she told me that your firmware is already the latest one, so we can’t push a newer one for you.
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please contact the U.S. support team at service@bluettipower.com.

@BLUETTI_CARE
Earlier you wrote that I would be getting an additional test update that should fix the device overheating while charging. That’s why I asked.

Hi @AlexanderOD, I have confirmed this problem again.
After testing, our R&D department found that the new firmware still has many issues, so we have canceled the release of the new firmware.
We apologize for not being able to assist you.