EB3A DC input power

I tried to charge my EB3A in my car using 12V and I was very disappointed. It only charged about 50W. I was expecting it to be able to draw 8.5A = at least 100W. I tried at home with a higher voltage and then I could reach 8.5A. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need a step-up converter from 12V to be able to fast charge the EB3A using DC?

Welcome to the forum @Pibben !! A <100w input charge from a cars 12v cig plug input is pretty common with all devices. You can most definetly use a “boost” or “buck” converter to increase voltage from the 12v-24v dc with eb3a to increase charging voltage/power, but when doing so, keep in mind wire gauge size as those little cheap ones can get quite warm. There is a bunch of posts on how this is achieved across this forum but this little video from one of our members is a GREAT asset to achieve what you’re looking for…

Heres another absolutely fantastic link to @Scott-Benson review on how to boost car charging voltage…

Yes, expect the car charge feature to be your last resort. I’m surprised Bluetti even offers it because its a very slow process. The way I look at it is if I was going on a very long road trip and could leave it plugged in for say 8 to 12 hours then I suppose it has its merits. I don’t ever expect to use it myself but am glad its still an option.