D300S /AC300 setting.

Hi,
I have a 9 month old AC300 and purchased a D300S PV Drop Down Module recently. I finally got around to setup up the D300S by following the instruction in the manual.

Step 2 in the manual says: “For EP500Pro/AC300, set DC1 Input Source, DC2 Input Source to Others on screen(Main-
page - Settings), PV Parallel Enable to ON.”
D300S User Manual

On my AC300, I am unable to set both of settings to the values above. If I set DC1 and DC2 inputs to “Others”, and then set the PV Parallel Enable to “On”, then the DC1 and DC2 automatically defaults back to “PV”. Only one setting can be applied. “On” and “Others” setting are not allowed together. Which is the correct one? PV Parallel Enable to “On”? Or DC1 and DC2 inputs to “Others”?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

@CharlesMcGhee I’m very sorry for the confusion.
The manual of D300S is wrongly written, the correct one should be OFF. the latest manual of AC300 shall prevail.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I have set the PV Parallel Enable to “Off” as recommended by the previous post from Bluetti.

Moving to step 3. “The roof solar panels are connected to D300S as shown in the figure.
Please make sure that one set of solar panels is connected to PV1, and the other set of
solar panels is connected to PV2. Be careful not to mix them.”

I had 6 Hanwha Q-Cells Q.Peak DUO BLK ML-G10+ 400W, OCV 45.30 each, Three panels on DC1 and three panels on DC2 hooked up before I installed the D300S and all was working well. I was getting a max of 1.7 on a nice sunny day. I am now adding one extra panel to both DC1 and DC2, to give each 4 panels, meaning 4 panels in series for each string.

I have connected the panels to the D300S as shown in the instructions. I have an IMO PV Array Isolator switch which I turned off while connecting the two strings of panels to the DS300. Turning on the isolator switch and with my multi meter, I am seeing max voltages of around 176 volts on each string inside of the switch housing which is about what I was expecting this time of year. At the time of this message, I’m getting around 153v - 166v due to some high clouds.

On Step 4: “Connect EP500Pro with D300S with DC Output Cable(Included).” Again, I have a AC300 so I hooked up my “DC Output Cable” to the D300S and the AC300.

On Step 5: “Turn the main switch from OFF to ON to activate the solar charging system.” I turn switch to “On” and I hear what sounds like a relay inside of the D300S. It clicks twice with about a half second between clicks.

I checked my AC300 but see no voltages coming in. I wait for 30 to 45 minutes, checking frequently, but no voltages coming in.

I pulled the DC Output cable from the AC300 and see no voltages on the DC Output Cable from the D300S using my multi meter. Note the D300S and DC Isolator switch are in the “On” position.

I switch the D300S from “On” to Off, and then back “On” again with out it being connected to the AC300, and I get voltages on DC Output Cable on both DC1 and DC2.

This is repeatable. When the DC Output Cable is connected to the AC300 and the D300S is switched to “On”, one cannot charge from the solar array connected through the D300S. Why are the solar panels not charging the AC300 through the D300S?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@CharlesMcGhee Interesting! Hmm… yea Im not sure why its cutting the output voltage from the d300s like that.

Just for kicks, have you tried setting it up without the PV isolator switch in-line? I’m with you and will absolutely be wanting to include one for my setup as well… but im curious if that is throwing things off for some reason?

Try bypassing that isolator switch and see if the d300s works as intended, and let us know if that works for some reason.

2 Likes

@CharlesMcGhee You mean D300S is fine to connect to the EP500PRO, but not to the ac300, right?
Could you directly connect two solar panels to the AC300 to see if it can be charged?

1 Like

@m.briney, I tried without the PV isolator switch and received the same results. I believe the switch can be ruled out. Thanks for the suggestion. It was worth a shot.

2 Likes

@BLUETTI
Thanks for responding. I am not sure about connecting to a EP500Pro as I do not own one. I only have the AC300 and that is what I am focusing on. The D300s is advertised to work with the AC300 which is why I purchased, so I could over panel, but keep the voltage below 150v.

For your second question, if I revert back to only the six solar panels that I had (prior to installing the D300s), the AC300 charges fine and I have no issues. When the sun comes up in the mornings, the AC300 starts receiving voltage from the panels and charges through out the day until sunset. This is what I would expect through the D300s with eight panels installed.

Thanks again.

1 Like

@CharlesMcGhee Yea my guess is that your d300s might need to be replaced unfortunately. IMO theres something faulty going on internally, as Ive heard of many others using this in a very similar use-case with no issues.

I would shoot @BLUETTI an email to service@bluettipower.com and just copy and paste all the info you’ve already tried and written up on this page, along with your order number and info, and they’ll get you taken care of. Sorry for all this happening man, but keep us posted on how things go and your final setup!

@m.briney Thanks for the info. I have sent an email to service@bluettipower.com with all of the requested information. If they send a new unit and all works well, I will keep you posted on how things are going. Again, thanks for your feedback and time!! :+1:

2 Likes

@CharlesMcGhee Can you check if the positive and negative terminals are reversed in this place?
ad382098e19db20b71fbc4f83e3a5d06

If you have written to the support team, please try to aattach a video. Thank you for your kind cooperation

3 Likes

@BLUETTI
Below is a picture requested for polarity on the cables. The cable to the right is the “Multifunctional DC Charging Cable” that comes with the AC300 and the one to the left is the “DC Output Cable(Aviation to MC4*2)” that comes with the D300S. I will try to get a video this afternoon or tomorrow and submit it within an email to service@bluettipower.com.

Thanks again,

Charles

@BLUETTI

If you have written to the support team, please try to aattach a video.

I submitted another email to service@bluettipower.com and posted a link to the video uploaded to YouTube within that email… That video can be found here> Bluetti D300S to the AC300. No DC power input to AC300 - YouTube

Thanks again,

Charles

@BLUETTI
Bluetti sent a replacement D300S. I hooked it up earlier this week, but have the same issue. I am now beginning to think the D300S may not be the issues, but I will leave that up to the Bluetti techs. I purchased a second AC300, hooked it up to my batteries, connected it to the D300S (all of this was at night so no PV voltage). Next day, around 11:00am, I checked to see if it was charging the AC300 batteries, and nothing. Pulled the cable and no voltage coming from the D300S. Power cycle D300S while disconnected and voltages are present on the cable. So in conclusion, two D300S’s, two AC300’s and nothing has worked thus far.

Update: Still no resolution yet, however, I am finding some interesting things. On the AC300, if you press the AC On/Off button on screen and set it to off, and unplug the power cord, the D300S works with no issues. You can power off the D300S , wait for 1 minute or more, then power on the D300S. You should be able to hear three clicks (relays??) on the third click, the AC300 starts charging the batteries with no issues as expected. However, if you plug in the AC power cord to the AC300 or press the AC On/Off button on screen and set to On, or both, the D300S will not work if it the switch(on the D300s) is turned off and then powered back on. You only hear 2 clicks. I broke out the multi-meter and checked for DC voltage on the DC1/DC2 input port on the AC300. With either the AC button turned to on, or the power cord plugged into the AC300, I am receiving 21vdc across both DC1 and DC2 input port on the AC300. If the power cord is unplugged and the AC On/Off is set to Off, there is no voltage on the DC1 or DC2 ports and the D300S works correctly when it’s switch is powered on. I have two AC300’s now, and both show identical results. Any advice would be great. Thanks!!

@CharlesMcGhee I’m getting back to the engineers regarding your D300S situation and I’ll let you know if there are any updates.

1 Like

@BLUETTI
Awesome, thank you!

I typed that wrong. It should be:

With the AC button turned to on, and the power cord plugged into the AC300, I am receiving 21vdc across both DC1 and DC2 input port on the AC300.

Thanks

@CharlesMcGhee Does it work properly without AC input?

@BLUETTI

Does it work properly without AC input?

Yes, as long as the AC On/Off button on screen and set to Off. If set to On, the voltage on the DC1/DC2 input port on the AC300 shows 21vdc each.

@CharlesMcGhee Thank you for your feedback.
I have consulted with engineers on this issue: preliminary analysis may be a software problem, consider upgrading the software, but the software department needs some time to develop.
I will let you know once the testing and upgrades are complete

@BLUETTI

Ok, thanks, will do. Below are screenshots of what is installed on each AC300 under the Product Info section. I am unable to upgrade these any further. As I stated earlier, both AC300 have the same results.

Below are a few videos to show what I am witnessing.
D300S working with AC300, but the AC300 AC On/Off button on screen must be set to Off - YouTube D300S working with AC300, but the AC300 AC On/Off button on screen must be set to Off
D300S and AC300. How I would use system in a normal scenario, but it does not function correctly. - YouTube D300S and AC300. How I would use system in a normal scenario, but it does not function correctly.
D300S and AC300. This shows the voltages on the DC1/2 input port when AC On/Off is set to On. - YouTube D300S and AC300. This shows the voltages on the DC1/2 input port when AC On/Off is set to On.
Please let me know if anything else is needed. Thanks again,

Charles

1 Like