Compatible Solar Panels for AC 200L

I have a BLUETTI SP200 200W Solar Panel and want to hook up a Jackery SolarSaga 200W Portable Solar Panel in Series to my AC200L. What adapters do I need and where can I purchase?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum!

While mixing solar panel types is usually not a good idea, in your case their specs seem pretty close. Hopefully, those perform similarly under given circumstances so the voltage / amp is not different. This could otherwise lead to poor performance / damage.

This being said:

• Bluetti PV/SP series use MC4 connectors
  • Jackery SolarSaga uses Anderson connectors

I would go for one of those Anderson to MC4 adapters:

Word of advice: Double check every move with a multimeter.

2 Likes

Also on this topic, can 3 of the PV420 panels be used on the AC200L?

OCV 44.3V, Imp 12.2A, so VImp of 34.4V ? 3 * 34.4V = 103.2V * 12.2A = 1200W
44.3V * 3 = 132.9V so < 145V limit.

2 Likes

@lschiedel1 Of course you can connect three PV420s in series to charge the AC200L.

2 Likes

Thanks Derceto! I went out and bought that adapter. At the same time the bluetti tech was looking into this as well, and he said

Sorry, double confirmed with tech, different brands and specs solar panels can not be connected in series together. There is no other adapter can help that. And then he said The screenshot mentioned is Anderson port to MC4 port adapter. For example, our machine only support MC4 connectors solar panel, but your solar panel is Anderson, then, you can buy the adapter to connect Anderson port to your Anderson solar panel and MC4 port to Bluetii machine to achieve connect together. I did not understand that. If you have a moment, I know it’s a lot to ask. Is it possible to draw that out how you would hook them together in series. My interpretation is that he saying you can connect one or the other. Thanks, Michael.