Charging an AC180 from lead-acid battery?

The AC180 user manual shows these optional cords . I just want to double-check here that you can use the bottom one, (battery clamps to DC7909), which I would think means you can use this from a battery to the DC PV input.

Can someone here in the know confirm this. Would be best if someone from Bluetti also answers.
thanks

I would give you an answer but since you feel more comfortable with someone from Bluetti confirming that the manual they printed is accurate, I will wait for them to respond.

1 Like

I’ll take a punt and answer your Qs. Yes that is the correct cable and yes it is a D7909 plug that fits into the solar/DC input of the AC180. I do have the AC180. However is you are using a lead acid such as a Wet Cell, AGM or Gel battery, the AC180 will pull whatever it can from the Lead Acid, but at a rate <80W. From a car running at 13.8V, the 180 draws around the 80W mark and that is a higher V than a standalone lead acid. If you are using a Lithium 12V battery the voltage will be around 13.2V and will feed a little more than the lead acid for longer. As the lead acid discharges its voltage may go below the 180s trigger voltage of 12. It really depends on your lead acid as there are many variables. It won’t hurt to try it and see how many watts you can add.

@KeithNyst Yes, you understand correctly.

1 Like

Would this work? Assume the LiFeP04 is fully charged when you plug it in to the AC180.

@KeithNyst
Yes, but since the solar panels only have 190W of energy, the rest of the energy is provided by a 12V/100Ah battery.