Can this be repaired?

I’ve bought three portable solar panels in February 2022.
They are no longer under warranty nor can I get any customer service help.
The panels are relatively new. I’ve used him proximately two months over the time I’ve had them.
One of the panels has quit working the wire looks like it’s pulled out of the cable.
The cable has been like that for a while I taped it to give it more support(That’s the gooey stuff on it from the tape)
Problem is everything is sealed . There’s no way to open it and replace part I’m wondering is there a way to fix this?
I do not leave these panels out in the elements when I put them out in the day I take them in at night. Other two panels are fine and I am careful not to pull on the cables.
This panel is in good condition other than the cable.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE Is there anything you can do for @Zicky ?

Hi @Zicky, Regarding this issue, unfortunately, currently we are unable to provide assistance.
Firstly, for out-of-warranty devices, we are indeed unable to arrange after-sales service through our system.
Additionally, for the issue of a disconnected cable, our warehouse currently has no way to repair it.
If tape can temporarily fix and repair the issue, we suggest you use glue to repair it yourself.
If you plan to purchase another solar panel, we will also help you inquire if there are any upcoming discount offers.
Thank you, @Selfmadestrom, for your help and reminder.

1 Like

Hello,
as it’s no longer under warranty anyway, you’ve got nothing to lose by cutting off the black plastic cover, then reattaching the electrical cables, or even soldering them and putting the black plastic cover back on
and glue back. If the black plastic cover can’t be recovered, you can use electrical insulating tape to insulate the whole thing.
If you are afraid of electrocuting yourself, close the panels/do not expose them to the sun. If you’re not a handyman, you must have a friend who is! Good luck! It’s worth repairing it yourself ! The risks of damaging your panels are very, very low.

2 Likes

I’m going to second what @Snips1 said. This can absolutely be fixed DYI method, and re-connect those wires. Make sure you get it sealed well for weather, and it will work fine.

Yes, it can easily be repaired with low risk.

First - ignore the above Bluetti advice to “glue” it - if the connection is broken/loose inside the black part that fix won’t be ideal.

If it was mine I would

1. flip the panel so it is facing the ground (and thus not generating electricity);
  2. use an exacto knife/construction knife or dremel tool to cut open the black plastic cover. It can be destroyed - just get a look inside at how it is connected.
  3. if the square black part isn’t fully destroyed, reconnect the red cable to the terminal by (ideally) soldering the wire back, or twisting the red wire and the other end together
  4. if the black is just a connector for the cables AND it is not easy to reconnect in the square part, just cut the black wire and ‘strip’ the plastic cover off the wires inside - do NOT touch them together (tape at least one when stripped). Then twist these with the red and black solar cables - making sure they’re matched correctly. Wrap those connections with electrical tape, and then make a knot around the connection for strain relief (to prevent the wires from being untwisted).

If not comfortable with the above, anyone with basic electrical skills can do this.

As others have said, this is a low-risk repair that won’t break the panel further, and given that it’s out of warranty nothing to lose.

2 Likes