Can I use this panel on AC180?

Hi All.
I hope to be able to use one of my excess 370 watt residential panels (specs below) to charge my AC180.
I understand that the AC180 specs are 12v-60v, 10 amps, 500 watt max.
I asked the place that I got the panels from, and gave them the AC180 specs as above. They asked me in turn- What is the max voltage for MPPT on the AC180?

Would it be safe and efficient to use this -

REC Model Number REC370TP2SM72
STC Rating 370.0
PTC Rating 341.7
Open Circuit Voltage (V) 47.8 V
Short Circuit Current 9.85 A
Panel Efficiency 18.4%
Frame Color Silver
Power Tolerance 0/+5 Watts
Weight 48.5 lbs
Area 21.6 ft²
Length 78.9 in
Width 39.4 in
Height 1.2 in
REC 370W Mono Split Cell Solar Panel (Silver) | REC370TP2SM72

Yes, that will work fine. The max voltage for the AC180’s MPPT is 60V. So the panel’s open circuit voltage must stay below 60V. This REC 370W panel is fine for use with the AC180, if you have a spare one lying around.
If you were buying a new panel, my pick would be the REC Pure-R 400W (REC400AA Pure-R).

2 Likes

Hi @fullcircle yes the panel will work no problems at all happy solar charging.

1 Like

Thanks Aaron ! I figured the 12-60v inherently gave that max voltage answer, but they asked me so i wondered if I was missing something. Thank you for the recommendation. I 'll check it out. Do you know of a place that would have a low minimum panels required to purchase? I’ll search around…

I might be in a different country than yourself. Some places which sell at a very low price do put a minimum quantity requirement for purchasing as they supply solar installers. I have also found other online shops who do sell individual panels at higher prices, but they do have discounts once in a while.