#BLUETTIEarthDay

Happy Earth Day: I would like to let everyone know that I care for our little blue planet, so here is my story.

This is what I have done to help reduce my carbon footprint.

I realized a long time ago that we are in a climate emergency, but what could I do about it?. Then one day I was coming home, and I saw a neighbour in his yard putting up some solar panels, they just happened to be Bluetti. I did something I don’t usually do, I stopped and went over and asked him what he was doing. He was more than happy to tell me all about his Bluetti equipment and experience using his batteries and solar panels. He told me he used a smaller unit (EB70) to go camping with, and that he had an AC200MAX he used at home for emergencies. It enabled him to use his sump pump during a heavy rainstorm, which caused a power outage.

That is when I realized that solar-powered systems have come a long way in just a few years. The benefits of not having to worry about power outages, and the fact that prices have come down, enabled me to invest in a system. I say they are worth every penny.

Now that I have found Bluetti I know I am actually doing something to reduce my Carbon footprint.

I have a small but powerful system with the AC200MAX connected to 2*b300 units for a total of 8192W. I almost continuously run several appliances(2 fridge/freezers) my entertainment electronics and some lights. By adding 1300 watts using Bluetti portable solar panels I rarely have to recharge from the grid, and this system enables me to charge and power my appliances at the same time, so no downtime.

I have taken a lot of interest in my Bluetti equipment, I even made some frames to hold my Bluetti solar panels. This one holds the PV200,

I have 3 of these and 2 larger frames too hold my other 2 Bluetti PV350’s.(In Background)

These are my panels being fully utilized.

For additional power I utilize a D050s unit and with that I can connect 2 PV200’s to the AC200MAx’s AC/DC input port to generate over 400W out of a possible 500W, then connect 2* PV350 + 1* PV200 and run the full 900Watts in through the PV input port. I presently only need to run my panels in series, as you can see below on a good day I can get plenty of power with little to no interference. But “hey” their portable, I can take them and put them where I need them as the sun moves across the sky

My Bluetti App monitoring my solar inputs and AC output.

Not only is this a great way of reducing your carbon footprint I also save money.

At first, I purchased the system thinking it would be for backup emergencies only, I soon realized what a great opportunity I have here to also save some money and electricity.

I now run the system as much as possible, and I certainly notice a savings to my monthly hydro bill. Knowing that hydro is only going to get more expensive, I just have to sit back and reap the benefits of Bluetti.

My Bluetti system is great. I can be charging my batteries with free and clean solar power while at the same time powering any appliance I have in my home. I feel a little better, knowing I am doing my part to make a difference in this world. There is also an online community of like-minded people out there who have helped me on my learning curve, and the Bluetti support group is available online 24 / 7 to offer help and advice.

It would be great if more people jumped on board the Bluetti train.

Thank you Bluetti.

6 Likes

@Liberty Wow, your DIY solar panel wooden frame makes using the flexible panels very convenient! Thank you for your first entry as part of the #BLUETTIEarthDay campaign! :raised_hands: :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Thank you very much, it’s my pleasure.

1 Like

Pretty cool, also searching for some kind of holder for my 3x PV200. Your frame looks really simple and stable. Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

This is pretty awesome! Nice way to mount up these “portable” panels in a much more rigid utilization! Thanks for sharing @Liberty

2 Likes

Thanks Sellfmadestrom: Those panels for the PV200s are easy to make and are actually fairly light weight. I make them from construction grade pine 1"x3" x 8’.
I have clips on the bigger panel boards (PV350) that just cover the material along the edge. They are easily put up and work well between 75 degrees to 35.

4 Likes

Lovely DIY.
Would really love to see this earn the PV350 and add some extra kick to the creative setup!

1 Like

@Liberty Really impressive those PV200 mounts :clap:
I like the idea of having a light structure for holding several sets of PVs off the ground.
They look easy to install and move around.
Thanks for sharing!

Hi again Markbr: I think a lot of us here on the forum share the same view, try and do our best to conserve and reduce our reliance on fossil fuels, and think about mother nature, she has taken care of us, now it’s our turn to pay back.
I wonder how much of a carbon footprint is being saved by just the members on this site.
Those panels considering the PV200 weights in at 16 Lbs, add my lightweight 14 Lbs panel for a total weight of 30 pounds. Made for less than $20 for wood and hardware, keeps them off the ground and way more stable. I put them up and don’t worry about them, except to realign them once in a while.
Good luck with the contest.
B

1 Like

I love that all this was started by 1 impulse conversation with your friendly, Bluetti owning neighbour and has grown into you hardly having to recharge from the grid. The frames for the panels look great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice……good job!!!

1 Like

Thanks for the mention.
Yes Ive come a long way from my humble beginnings when I first joined the forum Apr 29 23. Still learning and enjoying

1 Like