#BLUETTIEarthDay Better awareness, less consumption

Bluetti brought my DIY solar power hobby to the next level back in 2022.
It allowed me to better understand energy, and become aware of energy as a finite resource. It also taught me to time my usage of energy, and schedule according to various parameters (weather, season, heating needs, etc.)
So for #BLUETTIEarthDay I’m happy to share that all this brought me to reduce the power consumption of my family by 20% the first year, and another 10% on the second year.
solar power generators are now elevated to the rank of Daddy’s toys, along with power tools, gardening equipment and cooking outdoors - all with free energy from the sky! There ate now Bluetti generators assigned to all sorts of use in the house and in the office:

AC300 keeps the office powered, and servers up 24/7 solely on solar (has 2x 2p3s) and the excess energy is for tea and coffee.

AC500 and 3x B300S serve as buffer in the laundry room, for boiler, washing machine and dryer. Has 18 panels and is almost 100% autonomous 9months a year.

AC70, Multicooler and PV200 are useful on the go, but probably more in the family car:

AC180T is useful in the garden, and for landscaping. Extra power can even run the oven!

And finally an EB3A for all DIY:

6 Likes

Great Post @Derceto . AC500 with 4x B300S is huge xD

1 Like

What a killer setup!! Hey @Derceto can we see a pic and get some details of your 18 panels you have for your AC500??

1 Like

Aha thanks :laughing:

Sure here they are!
Winter suggested some rewiring ad the top 6 ones get a lot of shade (full East).
So MPPT 1 should get 2P3S while MPPT2 4P3S.
I should also have been wiser, picking panels with a slightly higher Voc (these are Longi 405 with 37Voc and 33Vmpp) as I can’t fully enjoy the 3000W input on AC500.
Lots of overpanelling is still nice for low/mid season.

3 Likes

Ehe thanks. I’m such a solar nerd, but hey… Takes one to spot one, right :nerd_face: ?

2 Likes

@Derceto
Wow, a whole row of solar panels in the snow, that’s so cool!! :star_struck: :star_struck:
Thanks for your entry on #BLUETTIEarthDay!

1 Like

snow illustrates an interesting phenomenon as it acts as a reflector. That guy on youtube demonstrates the extra harvest you get from adding reflectors. Worth watching (@Liberty you might like this for your frames?).

2 Likes

Hi Derceto Great post, very informative, it’s great to see the many uses for Bluetti equipment. It sure can make life easier.
I did read up on that post concerning reflections, and yes Good stuff, always learning.
For the sake of it, here are my panels (near the snow)
In this photo, they are not benefiting from much reflection. The panels do get warm even on the coldest of days, and I am concerned about moisture damage with this type of panel. But can still get around that issue with a little revamping of the design, do that for next winter.

B

3 Likes

@Derceto Very inspiring and remarkable journey towards a new model of renewable energy production and consumption. Bravo :clap:

1 Like

Very nice set up you have there!

30% reduction in power consumption is a brilliant Earth Day (and all the other days) achievement :)

Awww very nice setup… love it