Bluetti PowerOak EB55, overload

Good afternoon, please clarify when connecting Bluetti PowerOak EB55 537Wh/700W (PB930340) to the refrigerator, the device worked for some time (status: overload) and disconnected. As I understand, the protection was triggered. Now when I connect EB55 to PC the device smells unpleasantly (as if it smells something burnt), will this odor go away or the device should be replaced under warranty
Thx

1 Like

@hoffmansurveyor If the machine is overloaded, it is recommended that you stop using it, stop charging and remove all loads, shut down the machine and leave it in a ventilated and cool place for a while(2-3hours). Try using it again after a while.

Good afternoon. With your permission, I would like to ask you a couple more questions. We have EB 55 and EB 70 charging stations. As our engineer explained to me, the charging stations are practically identical and made on the same component base. Please explain to me why, when connecting a household appliance with a power of approximately 100 watts, the cooling system (fans) of the EB 70 (the older model) turns on, but the cooling system of the EB 55 does not turn on under the same load. Through testing, we found that the EB 55’s cooling system activates when a household appliance with a power of 350-400 watts is connected. Can you explain how this works and why? Why does the EB 70’s cooling system activate at a 100-watt load, while the EB 55’s cooling system activates only at 350-400 watts? Is this a factory defect, or did you deliberately program the control board to activate the cooling system at 350-400 watts? And what about the temperature sensors? I sincerely do not understand; please give me a comprehensive answer, as I have the impression that you did this intentionally (as I find similar complaints from other customers).
The charging stations are new!
Thx

@hoffmansurveyor Although the EB55 and EB70 have similar functionality, their fan activation strategies are not exactly the same.