Bluetti EP760 as backup for three phase grid

Hi there,

I would wonder to know is there any chance to connect EP760 inverter as backup power supply for a flat with the 3 phases input.
First of all I have to highlight that there is no 3 phases demanding load. The three phases are used only for balancing the load and all electrical appliances are a single phased.
One can move all load to a one phase and connect EP760 as a single phase backup.
One can use EP760 as a backup supply only for a single phase.
But can EP760 somehow be connected to all three phases as a backup?
It’s obviously that EP760 phase can be connected with a jumper to the three phases of a transfer switch. Is it possible?
If yes, what about a neutral? And what connection type should be used, leading/lagging neutral?

Thanx

@deliriuminthevoid Welcome to the forum!

If your home has three-phase electricity, install the EP600. If the power is insufficient, consider using two EP600 units in parallel. Converting a three-phase system to single-phase requires a professional electrician, involves a lot of work, and can be costly, so it is not recommended. The EP760 can be used in three-phase households by connecting to just one phase.

1 Like

I made some adjustments for my own use. The rationale is as follows: I modified the switch box to combine loads from all three phases into one when using EP760 while retaining the previous logic for the 3 phases. The image provides an overall perspective.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, it’s what I asked about. Do you have some delay scheme after switching to EP760? Do you use manual switching or some auto load switcher?

Generally, I was considering using an ATS (e.g., Tomzn), but it doesn’t make sense. I either use a direct connection to the grid or bypass mode in the case of Bluetti by manual switching.

Hello deliriuminthevoid,

After study your wireing diagram, I would recommend to use a transferswitch which also switch the neutral wire N to avoid some problems with the RCD used in your installation.