Bluetti EB70 thoughts and ideas and?

My question is this. Who would buy a EB70 and if they would, what would they use it for.
It wouldn’t keep my iceco going very long 1-5 hours ???
It would not run my 5000 watt window A/C for long (1 hour)?
It would run my dogs electric blanket for 5 hours or maybe only 2.
It would charge my teens cell phone so she could keep talking to her friends another 5 hours up to 15 per day
It would run my refrigerator in case of power outage for 1, 2 , 3 or 5 hours Maybe
To me a complete waste of money. Watch Utube reviews. Hobo gulps through his review and the other guy who get paid to review thumbs down.

I think the EB70 would be a good fit for the average user that wants a basic low frills units that has very long life cycle batteries and decent inverter capacity. The charge times are reasonable and the dual 100 watt power del. ports are class leading.

I would have to disagree with your statment that your Iceco would only run 1 to 5 hours. That would mean you would have a compressor duty cycle of 100% averaging 120 watts of current. I am not aware of any Iceco product with those types of power consumption demands. On the contrary, this unit would be a great match with most portable compressor fridges with its regulated 12 volt output and around 650 watts of usable battery capacity with low compressor off wattage draw. The EB70 is sized right for a lot of people and for those that it does not meet their desires or needs, there are plenty of smaller and larger units.

4 Likes

I can see it and other smaller sogens being used for small outdoor gigs to power sound systems, amps and instruments. I can see it being used for outdoor fairs, farmer’s markets and festivals for vendor stalls, etc. If you’re working an all day event, you may not have huge power needs, but what you need has to last for long hours. Camping, car trips, tailgaters, etc. For someone telecommuting on the road. For a photographer or videographer on location to recharge batteries and/or power equipment.

1 Like

To add to what you’ve said here, I have read that some people prefer to have a number of smaller units that can be used in various places in their home during a power outage. This allows for powering lights, fans, computers, etc., without stringing long extension cords around, or to have a large unit that may be to hard to move for some people. These smaller units provide options not available with the larger ones.

Even if you don’t have them in separate locations, each additional unit adds total battery capacity and run time. If you don’t mind a little efficiency loss (some will tell you it is a large loss, but that simply is not accurate) you can connect your AC charging brick to one AC70 to charge the second unit and extend your runtime unattended. I have connected three together with good results if the goal is maximum run time without having to stop when one is exhausted and plug the devices into the second one and so on.

1 Like

I have an EB70 and love it, perfect balance between portability and capability for running tools without extension cords in the yard, extended battery for my laptop / drone on day trips and handy back up here and there.

The 700w inverter powers most loads and 650wh capacity gives me “all day” use of light to intermittent moderate loads.

I also have a Jackery 1500 that I use for stuff that requires more power (miter saw, shop vac) but that is bulkier and not necessary most of the time. I only use it if the device needs the wattage, as the larger inverter burns more power even when idle, making if inefficient for smaller loads.

This isn’t a all in one “house backup” type solution, for that you would want the AC300 (maybe wait a couple months while they work out the bugs). That however, is relocatable, not portable.