BLUETTI EB55 Refurbished almost empty

Hi! On Dec 17, 2022 I’ve bought Refurbished BLUETTI EB55 at official US store on ebay. Since then I used this device for couple of times. Recently I’ve plugged my Macbook Pro and thought it will charge my laptop at least 3-4 times. No way, it worked just for few hours and totally discharged from 85%. It seams that for $350 I’ve bought not a good device, but just a heavy box with some leds. Is this normal situation???

1 Like

@DUKE When you first receive the battery, please do a full cycle of charge and discharge. When you do it, please ignore the SOC. Please completely drain the battery until it automatically shuts down, and then charge it with AC until it is fully charged and the adapter lights turn green.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll try. I think it was already fully charged and fully discharged, but I’ll repeat this and mesure the relative capacity.

1 Like

@DUKE Looking forward to your update.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @DUKE !!

Have you tried performing a full cycle bms calibration on the unit yet?? This video from our friend Jeff Hagen (@waveformscience on youtube) goes into depth on how-to and the general importance of doing this ever so often. Specially when you first get a unit.

So yea, I would recommend doing a complete cycle (or even 2 back to back) per the instructions in Jeffs great video, and see if that helps things. Keep us posted!

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE
@m.briney

Hi, thanks for your answers! It seems that another full discharge-charge cycle helped (I did it more then a year ago last time).
Now my Refurbished 537Wh (ideally) Bluetti device fully charges my 83.6Wh (ideally; since 2018 it’s capacity can be 30-40% lower) Macbook 3.5 times, which is not 6 times (ideally), but at least something I can understand.

1 Like