Bluetti d050s - How much peak PV can it handel (assuming Voltage stays below 60)?

Could the D050S handle 1,5kW peak in PV panels, as long as the Voltage stays below 60?
Will it on it’s own limit the power draw to 500W as his specs are?

Reasoning behind is, that I want to overpanel as much as possible to ensure 500W charging in darker/cloudy conditions. If the peak power is not utilized, that’s not an issue in this case.

1 Like

Yes.
Voltage gets “fed” current gets “pulled” (normally)
So if there is more current available your power station would not care or even know.

That said a fuse and a solar switch might be a good idea

1 Like

I’d take into account what gauge the wire is on the D050S as well. Some hire rated bluetti wires are 14 - 16 awg. 25 or so amps could become a fire hazard.

How mush current the source can deliver is irrelevant. its about how mush the D050S takes.

You can connect it to a car battery that would deliver 2000A but this dose not mean it will pull 2000A

2 Likes

This is also my understanding. The wire size of the D050S will handle what it “draws”.
I was just wondering about overpaneling, and possible issues. From my understanding, every MPPT charger should be able to handle pretty much unlimited overpaneling, as long as the Voltage stays within the specs. But there seem to be people who think otherwise. In this specific case the question is in regards to the D050S… So from your perspective, overpaneling should be fine. Do you think there is a maximum to overpaneling, which would hurt the D050S (even if the Voltage stays within specs)?

1 Like

Simply apply Ohm’s law (I = U/R), i.e. only as much current can flow as is given by the voltage and resistance.
As long as the voltage is within the specification, the inverter always regulates the current so that it is at the optimum, but it cannot become too much.
No matter how many additional panels are connected, at some point it no longer makes sense because no more power can be delivered/taken up.