Bluetti AC300 And Our Home

Our home’s electrical needs are partially met by our AC300 power station. We primarily purchased it to function as a back up power source in cases of power outages. As I learned about solar power production and use, it came to be even more useful for supplying power on an ongoing basis for some of our critical loads. With the original two B300 batteries we were soon running out of battery capacity, so over the next few months we purchased one refurbished B300 battery, and then another one a while later, giving us a little over 12 KWh of storage. All this equipment is situated under the stairs leading to the basement.

Having a large power station with 2,400 watts solar intake capacity allowed for some impressive load capabilities. Learning how solar panels worked, with such things as Voc, Vmp, and Imp, took a while, but with all the resources here in the Bluetti forums, as well as on the internet in general, it was something I was able to learn. So I found a resource (SanTan solar) where I could purchase used fixed solar panels, and bought twelve of their 250 watt panels, and used them to make two solar arrays of 1,500 watts each. Each array has two sets of 3 panels in series, which are then wired in parallel. I ran wiring for each array independently back to the house, then through DC circuit breakers, and then to the AC300’s solar input cable.

The solar mounts are something my son put together for this project, and they allow for the panels to be tilted to adjust for the height of the sun from the horizon monthly, helping to provide optimum solar collection.

Our system provides power on a continual basis to our internet equipment, two freezers, two refrigerators, and the water pump for our home (it is a shallow well, with the 120 volt pump in our basement). With that load, our solar generation has been considerable, and from August 2022 up to today we have generated and used over 1.9 Million Watt-hours of electricity.

Our family certainly appreciates what Bluetti’s AC300 power station has enabled our family to do to reduce our power bill, and have greater power independence.

#LifeWithBLUETTI

7 Likes

@hnymann
Thanks to our old AC300 friend Henry for entering this year!
We hope the AC300 system continues to bring you a steady stream of solar power! :sun_with_face: :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

One of the craftiest projects of the forum! I absoluetly love that tracker!!!
My other favorite is @wtytke 's use of servos. Eager to see his post too!

1 Like

I agree, @wtytke 's system is amazing. I hope he puts in an update post for this contest as well, I’d love to hear from him how it’s working (hint, hint! :grinning:).

1 Like

Just in case you saw Lego Batman…

4dce1169-c93d-4b86-87ae-3b0ef4119fa1_text

1 Like

“Hint Hint soon to be answered” Hello Henry, in the next few days, I will attempt to update here or at least post the link on my entry. (I didn’t know there was a new contest until I got your notification). I need to take some updated photos with a minor but useful expansion, and I do have an updated aerial photo of the off-grid non-roof attached solar array. The post is going to be a little more number orientated, and I want to explain some comparisons and differences between AC300 vs AC500 that I observed. e.g. Solar production, features, etc. Had some friends over the other day that haven’t been over since I originally put it up, they were impressed. (Hi Jem Derceto)

1 Like

I’m looking forward to it!

Here you go, updated info

3 Likes