bluetooth connection

Hello, I purchased the Bluetti AC300 + 2 B300, I am very happy with the performance of the unit. I am off-grid and don’t have access to a wifi network. My only option to monitor the AC300 remotely is to use Bluetooth. I can’t maintain a connection unless I am close enough. The maximum distance I need between the two devices is 15 feet. The problem is that I have to go through a wall and a ceiling, which is hard for a Bluetooth signal to go through. Does anyone know a way to boost the signal to overcome the issue? Thanks

2 Likes

@bluetti_dhanyalarocheyahooca It is still impossible to connect Bluetooth through walls and ceilings, but we can push the IOT firmware to you to see if it can improve the connection stability. Please provide me with the SN.

You can still use WiFi to monitor your AC300 even when you’re off-grid. All you need to do is set up your own local off-grid WiFi network, and to do that the only thing you need is a WiFi router that has a 2.4 Ghz band (almost all do - get one from Amazon for less than $30). You do not need to connect the router to an external internet service on the grid to monitor your AC300.

Once you get your router, you only need to enter the network SSID (network name) and the password for your WiFi router in the Bluetti App. You create both of these when you set up the router. It’s real easy and it will definitely solve your problem. I can monitor all four of my AC300s over a distance of 60 feet through 4 walls with my 2.4 Ghz router.

1 Like

Can you explain in more detail how to do this? Thanks

Purchase a simple wifi router (any model, just needs to use 2.4 GHz, which is the most common). Follow the instructions included to set up your wifi SSID and password. Connect your Bluetti to that wifi source, and your phone/table/computer to that same wifi SSID and password and they can communicate via wifi. No internet connection needed. You will have to have the bluetti app installed on your device already.

Hmm ok yeah I’ve been trying that and I can’t get the ac300 to show anything but offline when I have both that and my phone connected to the router and app open. I didn’t know if there was anything additional that needed to be changed to make it work. It just says server failed and won’t communicate

Ah, yes, I hadn’t thought this all through well enough, and forgot that the wifi connection is used to send the data to Bluetti servers to record it, and the app talks to those same servers, not to the Bluetti device directly. :slightly_frowning_face: Unfortunately that leaves you only with the Bluetooth option.

Ok makes sense! It was a great idea otherwise

1 Like

I don’t tried it yet, but only to think about … wouldn’t it be possible to share a internetconnection through your phone? What if your phone provide itself as an wifi hotspot for your AC300? In that case the AC300 should be connected to BLUETTI Server and you should be able to connect the app simultaneous …

Their may be no cell service there.