B80 Support and Product feedback

I have a new B80 accompanying an AC60. My use case is to operate them independently from time to time. In other words, independently charge the B80 through the solar/PV input and discharge through the DC out. I have two each 200W solar panel systems for a total of 400W and I would like to connect one 200W to the B80 and the other 200W to the AC60 at the same time. It is fine without the connecting plug, but do they need to be disconnected to do that?

1 I have not been able to connect with the B80 over Bluetooth from the Bluetti app. Is this planned or never?

2 Where is the B80 online manual?

3 What is designed for simultaneous solar charging with or without the AC60-B80 cable?

4 What is the capability of the app with other Bluetti master and slave batteries?

2 Likes

@Blue The following explanation is for your reference.
It is possible to connect one 200W panel to B80 and another 200W panel to AC60 at the same time, without disconnecting AC60 and B80.

1. The battery pack cannot be connected to APP alone, you need to connect to the host and then connect to APP.

2. The following link is the online manual
    https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/1/0536/3390/8911/files/B80_User_Manual.pdf?v=1684907038

3. When the battery cable is not connected, the solar panel can only charge a single machine.

4. When the battery cable is connected, both solar panels can charge the whole system. Master-slave refers to the dual firewire feature (AC300/AC500), which is not available on the AC60.

2 Likes

On 3 & 4, Are you saying if I connect the AC60 & B80 with the linking cable, then I can connect 200W of solar panels within the Voltage and current limits to the AC60 and I can connect at the same time 200W of solar panels within the Voltage and current limits to the B80, using my 4 x 100 Watt panels?

Disconnected from the AC60, the B80 seems to charge fine through the 8mm solar connector to the internal MPPT.

I will have some suggestions for the app later.

Thanks for the prompt reply, have a fine 4th!

I had this question too. Am very glad this is a supported configuration! Am surprised it’s not mentioned in the manual at all.

I figured it’d work without the AC60 to B80 link, but having the link supported is awesome as it shows the combined input wattage from both arrays, and presumably will charge the B80 more quickly once the AC60 is at full charge?

In any case, it’s a nice feature that should definitely be mentioned as it greatly enhances the usability.

I assume if 2 B80s are linked, we could use 3 200W panels in the system, is this correct @BLUETTI?

Hard to see, but pulling in 262W from 2x200W panels.

1. The open circuit voltage of the solar panel should be within 28V, and the current can be exceeded. Yes, the solar panel can be connected to AC60 and B80, but when 2 100 watt panels are connected in series, the voltage may be exceeded, so it is not allowed.
  2. B80 is not connected to AC60, the solar panel connected to B80 can be charged to B80 alone

Right, When AC60 is fully charged, is will charge B80 faster.
If AC60 is connected with 2B80s, it is available to use 3200W panels in the system.

2 Likes

Would I be able to use 2 different solar panels (1 x 200w & 1 x 120w) connecting directly to the AC60 & B80? And also connecting the AC60 & B80 to each other?

Would the panel with lower outputs (i.e. 120w) ends up limiting the solar inputs?

@bluetti_ads000auhkgmailcom
It‘s not recommended to mix solar panels of different wattages because the lower voltage solar panel will be burned out by the higher voltage one.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I thought that both the AC60 & B80 have their own MPPTs, thus the voltage disparity between panels could have been managed. But seemingly not the case?

Out of curiosity, in the above scenario are the two panels considered to be in series or in parallel?

In the case of different voltages and the same current (in series), the higher voltage will burn out the lower voltage board.
In parallel, the output current will be determined by the smaller current (with the risk of burning out).

Perhaps there are misinterpretation of what I am asking here.

I am not suggesting mixing panels, irrespective of parallel or in series.

What I am asking is the following set up:

200W solar panel charging → AC60
120W solar panel charging → B80
AC60 & B80 are linked using the provided connection cable.

In the scenario / set up above, it’s not exactly mixing panels, correct? And since there are solar controllers in both the AC60 & B80, the different inputs from two solar panel with different voltages should be regulated independently? Or the above set up is still not recommended?

Thanks

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
If you are referring to: connecting AC60 to one panel, and B80 to another panel, then connecting AC60 to B80, that is allowed.

Yes, exactly what you’ve described.

So, it is allowed even the two panels are different in outputs, as long as they are independently connected to the AC60 & B80 respectively.

Awesome and appreciate your response.