B80 & B230 Charge Status

I understand that these batteries should not remain at a zero-charge state for a prolonged period.
If a B80 or for that matter a B230 are completely depleted of charge and turns off, how long can they remain on this state for before being recharged and suffering an issue.
This is not a condition that will occur over and over but may occur on the odd occasion pending grid failure.
Appreciate any input.

I do not leave mine for an hour. I always recharge as soon as I allow the battery to deplete to “0” SOC. The work around for this (If immediate recharge is not an option) is to set the minimum discharge level to 10% or higher to give you some extra battery power cushion and greatly extend the amount of time before recharge. The alternative is risk turning your expensive investment into a boat anchor.

1 Like

@DJR Most Bluetti units reserve up to 10% of capacity for this reason alone. That being said, you want to get it recharged as soon as possible. I wouldnt want to go longer then maybe 8 hours or so? Because if the voltage does drop too low, not only could it damage the cells, but it might not even allow you to activate the bms to engage charging again.

1 Like

Appreciate the quick and informative replies.
I thought as much after viewing Waveform Sciences video on the B80 in power bank mode.
The problem I have is that I have two B80’s operating in power bank mode daisy changed together feeding into an AC180 to increase run time if a grid failure occurs for critical equipment.
The first B80 in the chain, not connected to the Ac180 but another B80 is being powered by a T200 charge so if depleted when grid power fails it will automatically start charging when grid power comes back on, however the second B80 which is connected to the output of the first B80 and input of the AC180 only receives its charge from output of the first B80 when operating in power bank mode.
If grid power fails and the first B80 in the daisy chain which is connected to the T200 completely drains and turns off it will not start up in power bank mode thus meaning the second B80 in the chain will have no way of charging.

1 Like

I have decided not to be lazy and utilise my 40 plus years in the electronic industry to build a small switch box that will automatically switch to allow a second T200 charger (that will be permanently on when grid power is up that in normal conditions will not be charging anything) to charge the B80 that is connected to the AC180 when power has failed and comes back on. Then manually I will have to reset the battery or batteries to Power Bank Mode, pending on depletion level(s).
I think this is the only way to ensure that the second B80 connected to the AC180 doesn’t remain in a fully discharged state for a prolonged period of time.

1 Like

Just an update on my last post.
Have built the automatic switching boxes and they perform well.
Even had a power outage to check out installations in real world conditions.