B300 Output DC power via the Battery Expansion Port?

It sure would be nice to be able to get DC power from my B300 at more than 12V. Can the Battery Expansion Port be used with a proper cable to output 51.2V DC? That would sure be nice to expand my AC70P battery. The 12V outputs from the B300 can only deliver a max of 120W. My AC70P is powering my refrigerator which averages 250W or more and so the AC70P would run out of power before the B300 could be fully used. Is there any to go from the B300 51.2V expansion port to something like an XT90 or XT60 that I could plug into the PV input on the AC70P? The PV input is rated at 58V/10A/500W so I should be able to get 500W into the AC70P. I know I can plug-in the AC70P to myAC200MAX, but the AC70P (with AC turned on) draws 117W from the AC200MAX when plugged in (according to the AC200MAX display). I want to avoid sending power from DC->AC->DC->AC due to the high idle power consumption of the AC70P.

1 Like

You can output 54 - 55V/500W max from the B230/B300 via the P090D cable and by putting the B230/B300 in POWER BANK mode (long press on the power button of the B230/B300 until it flashes).
I understand that your idea is to inject through the solar input of your AC70P (then take a P090D to MC4 or XT90) which supports up to 58V. To my knowledge, this has never been tried with an AC70. However, measure the output voltage of the P90D cable connected to your 100% charged B300. I have a B230 and I measured a max voltage of 55V. To be sure, you should measure the output voltage of the B300 before connecting it to the solar input of the A70. I repeat that this does not seem to have been done. You should ask Bluetti to be sure

External Battery Connection Cable For BLUETTI EB150 | EB240 | AC180 (bluettipower.com)

Thanks for the reply. I had measured the voltage at the expansion port terminals on both the AC200MAX (second port) and the B300 (second port) while the two were operating in normal mode and got about 55VDC when fully charged. Then I shut them off and started the B300 in power bank mode and was only getting about 25VDC on the same port (second port). I wonder if that’s normal? I’ll double check that.

Also, is the P090D connector for the B300 expansion port? I can’t seem to find any pics showing the end of that connector to confirm it fits the B300 and AC200MAX expansion port.

Hello
it is suitable for B300 and AC200MAX! I bought two : a P090D to mc4. and a P090D to XT90 and I can connect it to my b230 which has the same expansion connector as for the b300 or ac200max.
you can only activate power bank mode once the P090D is connected (and locked) to the B300… the B230 / B300 recognize the P090D and then authorize you to activate power bank mode (the power button is blinking). Without the P090d Cable it does not work (the voltage measurement is then not correct).

Hello,
does this also work while the B300 is connected to my AC300, or do I have to disconnect this connection first to put the B300 into power bank mode.

Best regards
Joachim
from Germany

Hallo,
funktioniert das auch, wärend der B300 an meinen AC300 angeschlossen ist, oder muß ich diese Verbindung vorher trennen, um den B300 in den Powerbank-Modus zu versetzen.

Viele Grüße
Joachim
aus Deutschland

I would like to know the answer to this question, too, but for my AC200MAX…

I guess I’ll need to get that cable once Bluetti confirms I can run the P090D output into the AC70P PV input. The electrical specs look like it should be fine.

“I guess I’ll need to get that cable once Bluetti confirms I can run the P090D output into the AC70P PV input. The electrical specs look like it should be fine.”
I think it should indeed work, but to avoid warranty problems, it is better to ask Bluetti.

“does this also work while the B300 is connected to my AC300, or do I have to disconnect this connection first to put the B300 into power bank mode”
“I would like to know the answer to this question, too, but for my AC200MAX…”
That’s a good question, I understand why you ask it.

In fact, the B300 is equipped with two expansion connectors.
Unfortunately I don’t know how to answer you because I only have a B230, which only has one expansion port. So the problem didn’t arise for me. In the documentation for the B300 or the P090D cable I cannot find any answer.
You will have to do the test yourself! or ask Bluetti (to avoid warranty problems).
If you do the test yourself, I would advise you to unlock the switch 2 on the expansion cable between the B300 and the AC300/AC200MAX

Thank you Snips1!
Hallo BLUETTI_CARE,
can you answer at my question?
Greatings from Germany
Joachim

Questions for Bluetti:

1. If I have an AC300 or AC200MAX connected to a B300 battery via the expansion port cable and I want to use the B300 in power bank mode with a P090D to MC4 cable, do I have to disconnect the expansion cable B300 from the AC300/AC200MAX before starting power bank mode on the B300?
  2. If I don’t have to disconnect the expansion cable in question #1, do I have to keep the AC300/AC200MAX turned off while the B300 is in power bank mode, or can the power station be kept powered on?
  3. Can I use the P090D to MC4 cable connected to my MC4 to XT60 cable in order to charge my AC70P via the PV input from my B300 operating in power bank mode? The specs seem to be a good match.
  4. What voltage should I see from on the P090D to MC4 cable at the MC4 end when it is connected to the B300 in power bank mode?
  5. Do I have to put the B300 in power bank mode to use the P090D to MC4 cable or would it be possible to use the AC300/AC200MAX with the B300 in normal operation and just add the P090D to MC4 cable to the second port of the B300 to get power out?

Hey @BLUETTI_CARE,

Is there someone that can answer the questions above for us?

Thanks!

Hi,
I have now ordered a P090D to MC4 cable and will try it out.

Nevertheless, it would be nice if BLUETTI_CARE would answer.

Regards, Joachim
Hi,
ich habe jetzt ein Kabel P090D auf MC4 bestellt und werde es ausprobieren.
Trotzdem wäre es schön, wenn BLUETTI_CARE antworten würde.

Gruß Joachim

@clseaman Sorry for my late reply. The P090D to MC4 cable is used for connecting EP500Pro and B300. To connect AC300 or AC200MAX to B300, you can use the extension cable that comes with B300.

If you want to use B300 to charge AC70P, you can directly use the car charging cable of AC70P.

Thanks for the response, @BLUETTI_CARE, but there are still unanswered questions from above in this thread. As I mentioned earlier, the car charging cable from the B300 to the AC70P cannot keep up with my load on the AC70P since it can only deliver a maximum of 120W and my load is more than twice that number. So, would you please answer the following questions:

1. Can I use the P090D to MC4 cable connected to my MC4 to XT60 cable in order to charge my AC70P via the PV input from my B300 operating in power bank mode? The specs seem to be a good match.
  2. What voltage should I see on the P090D to MC4 cable at the MC4 end when it is connected to the B300 in power bank mode?

Thanks!

Hi Akel,

I have also ordered the P090D to MC4 cable. I hope it works for us.

@clseaman

1. Yes.
  2. The output voltage of B300 power bank mode is about 58V.

Great news, thanks for the quick response.

Hello,
I have received the cable.
Removing it from a B300 only works
if there is no connection to the AC300.
Otherwise error messages appear.

1 Like

If you unlock the switch 2 on the expansion cable between the B300 and AC300 / AC200MAX, and this still does not work (error messages), there is no longer any hope that I think … you have to unplug expansion cable.

PS I understand that all the expansion ports on the B300 and AC300 are paralleled if the expansion cable is connected to both units … so when you plug the P090D cable into the B300, it’s like connecting the P090D directly to a expansion port of the AC300. Since the AC300 is not programmed to handle the P090D’s cable/Data (unlike the B300, which knows how to do so), AC300 thinks there’s an error on the 8-bit data bus (because it doesn’t know how to handle specific data coming from the P090D Cable). So it’s misleading. I had hoped that the unlocking of the switch 2 of the expansion cable would have cut the data bus of the expansion cable between the AC300 / AC200MAX and the B300 (as if the cable was disconnected) but this is not the case unfortunately.