B300 Discontinued, B300S next?

Hello Everybody,

I am quite concerned, that the B300 is now Discontinued. And the only option for the AC300’s and future expansions are the B300K. I really like the Bluetti Systems, however, the only situation that I was concerned about (when 1st purchasing my system) was how proprietary the systems were and if the company ever went out of business or discontinued a product *(Like the B300 battery), that it would render the system handicapped or simply nonfunctional. How much longer until the B300S is discontinued?

So you may ask, what is wrong with the 300K, well, that battery (300K) is NOT eligible for the 30% Federal tax deduction (must be >3K) UNLESS you are making a NEW system with additional Solar panels. So if you ever want to expand your battery setup for your current system (there is no tax deductible option). There are other appeals to the B300 vs B300K, however, that is personal (like the constant on DC CLA output which I use 24/7) etc.

I was looking to expand my system next year, however, discontinuing a main component that has only been out for several years seems like a bad business decision.

Sorry,
Just using the forum to vent my concerns. , ,

Yes the Tax reduction is a bit of an issue but very specific to the USA. I wonder if Bluetti just didn’t think about that. You can buy 2 of them to meet the 3 kWh threshold apparently, and because they are so much cheaper that might be a better route anyway.

At first I was worried but the price of a B300 has been consistently high in the UK and so I am pleased they have a cheaper option. I did buy a B300K and am happy with it so far. I think I would always want at least one B300 or B300S in the system though so I was disappointed that the B300 was phased out completely. I would have most likely still got the B300K for my 2nd battery though.

In some ways the B300K has rejuvenated the older power stations. It is compatible with the AC200MAX, AC300, AC500, AC200L, D100P balcony system and apparently new upcoming power stations as well. This is very good news for us in my opinion as it looks like we can easily swap out the head units in the future. Most of the competitors have a battery for only a specific unit but we can use this on so many.

2 Likes

@Sideeffect Based on how the battery tax credit is written (when doing battery expansion on current solar setup) is that Each battery needs to be 3K or more even if you bought 8 of them at once. However, the IRS is very vague (like most tax code) and if you try to explain it to an accountant, they may have no clue. When you are getting back $300 to $400/battery, that is a big deal.

I did see an American tech tuber mention buying two was an option for tax credit. Perhaps they misunderstood the rules or perhaps these can qualify because they are modular.

It depends which paragraph you read in the tax code, I was hoping it could be deductible buying multiple, heck, they don’t even check your receipts unless audited. In theory, each 300K battery is a multiple of smaller batteries inside a casing. So potato, potatoes.

Code: ) DEFINITION OF QUALIFIED BATTERY STOR15 AGE TECHNOLOGY EXPENDITURE.—Paragraph (6)
16 of section 25D(d) is amended to read as follows:
17 ‘‘(6) QUALIFIED BATTERY STORAGE TECH
18 NOLOGY EXPENDITURE.—The term ‘qualified bat
19 tery storage technology expenditure’ means an ex
20 penditure for battery storage technology which—
21 ‘‘(A) is installed in connection with a
22 dwelling unit located in the United States and
23 used as a residence by the taxpayer, and
24 ‘‘(B) has a capacity of not less than 3 kilo
25 watt hours.’’.

My interpretation would be if you add the batteries to your system in the same tax year it should qualify. When you go to the Bluetti order page, an AC500 with 2 or 3 B300Ks shows that it should qualify for the tax credit. However, if you add a battery with less than 3kWh to an existing system in another tax year (e.g., you wanted to add just one B300K to the system), it would not qualify.

That is my assumption with the Tax code. We will see what is available in 2025, hopefully the B300S is still available then. I can rearrange my B300 Batteries/Cables/Ac300’s/ and my one AC500 to make it work. But I preferred the B300 since it is cheaper than the B300S and I am in an area that freezes one night every 4 years. Also it has the mppt and better DC output options compared to the 300K. And yes I have 24/7 DC high wattage output (Pumps/Lights etc). B300K offers less options!

1 Like