B300 & B300s batteries & EP500 Pro

What are the specific differences between the two batteries: B300 & B300s? I bought 2 B300 batteries to use with my EP500 Pro. Should I have purchased the B300s instead?

Hi @Sha ,
Sorry, B300S is currently only compatible with AC500.
B300 can connect to the EP500PRO, but this connection is not in expansion mode. You can refer to the following chart for details.

Hi! Thank you for responding to my questions. I don’t understand what you mean when you say “not in expansion mode”. Help me please. Does that mean the combined 6144wh isn’t added to the Ep500 Pro 5100wh totaling 11,244wh?

Hi @Sha , The total capacity of the EP500PRO will not increase when connected to a battery pack.

So the B300s don’t really add diddly to my usage of the EP500. They are however good stand-alone batteries and could be used with an AC-whatever.

Hi, if you connect the B300 to the AC300 then the thick cable supports charging/discahrging/communication and you can see the status of the B300 in the AC300. That is “not in expansion mode”.

Unfortunately the connection from B300 to EP500Pro ONLY supports charging the EP500Pro but you cannot see the status of the B300 in the EP500Pro Display/App.
The EP500Pro cannot charge the B300 via that connection.
For the EP500Pro the B300 is like you use your Car (or any other) battery to charge the EP500Pro.
And you have to charge the B300 manually via AC charging adapter and/or Solar Panel.

1 Like

Have you received your B300 already ?
One important point is that the B300 are using the same connection DC1/2 Input of the EP500Pro which you would use for the connection to the solar panel.
So you have to decide, either you connect a B300 OR a Solarpanels to DC1/2.

The B300 has an ac charging adapter? Would that be the D050S that’s supposed to be shipped in December? Or is it the t400/500 ac adapter? I’m totally confused now!!! Looks like I bought the B300s for no good reason.

To charge the B300 you can use either the supplied PV cable together wirh a solarpanel or attach it with the supplied cable to a ACxxx model or via AC directly via T500 Ac adapter (that you have to buy).
Together with EP500Pro you have only the option to charge the B300 via PV or AC adapter.
Unfortunately it seems that the EP500Pro was not desgined to add additional battery capacity.

Thank you for your help.

Thank you for the info. Just wondering can the B300 expansion battery be used with other brands or is it exclusive to Bluetti Power Stations?

Hi @Sha , B300 battery pack can only match BLUTTI power stations.

1 Like

I bought the Ep500 and it does not have the capability of expansion. So I broke down and bought the AC300 and B300 on Black Friday at $2999. That is the cheapest I seen to solve my battery expansion problem.

1 Like

I have 2 B300s I wanna keep them since they can function as standalones. However I’d also like to buy an AC300 but they don’t seem to sell them solo. It comes with a B300 which I really don’t need. For the moment I find myself stuck with indecision. :expressionless:

Here is the AC300 by itself on Bluette webpage. $1899

BLUETTI AC300 Inverter Module Generator | 3,000W ( Requires The B300 to Work )

5.0 (9 reviews)|
US$1,899.00

1 Like

Thank you very much!!!

Hallo,
habe heute meine B300 als Erweiterung für meine EP500Pro erhalten und bin irgendwie sehr ernüchtert. Diese kleine Diskussion dazu hier im Forum habe ich heute erst entdeckt und da mein Englisch nicht so gut ist und ich entscheiden muss, ob ich die B300 nicht innerhalb der nächsten 14 Tage wieder zurückschicke, wollte ich fragen, ob ich über ein paar Frage mit Ihnen/Dir kommunizieren kann, da, wie ich gesehen habe, schon einige Erfahrungen vorliegen.
Mit besten Grüßen

Können wir machen, was möchtest du wissen ?
Ich hab auch eine EP500Pro und die ist leider vom Design her NICHT für eine Akku-Erweiterung ausgelegt.
D.h. die EP500Pro kann keinen zusätzlichen Akku laden (Außer wenn man z.B. das Netzteil der B300 am Wechselspannungsausgang der EP500Pro ansteckt. das macht aber nicht viel Sinn.)
Man kann zwar einen der beiden PV Eingänge der EP500Pro opfern um dort den Ausgang der B300 anzustecken, Aber damit lädt man nur die EP500Pro via B300 auf.
Falls du Akkumäßig flexibel sein willst und du die EP500Pro noch keine 30 Tage hast, dann kannst du sie auch noch retournieren. Da mußt du aber vermutlich die Rücksendekosten übernehmen.
Falls das möglich ist würde ich die AC500+1-2xB300S wählen, oder evtl. die EP600.
Falls du noch Fragen hast, schick mir deine Telefon-Nummer.

I hope this reply wasn’t meant for me. As I don’t have even the slightest understanding of German.

Hallo,

danke für Deine Rückmeldung.

Ich habe meine EP500Pro jetzt seit 3 Monaten und bin sehr zufrieden. Kombiniert mit PV Anlage auf dem Dach und der Möglichkeit die Bluetti vor allem mit überschüssigem Solarstrom zu laden war ich so begeistert, daß ich die Kapazität durch Kauf einer B300 aufstocken wollte. Hatte nur geschaut, welches Erweiterungsmodul dazu passt und hätte mir im Leben nicht vorstellen können, dass es keine Kommunikation zwischen den Geräten gibt, man sie nicht über die EP500Pro laden kann und auch nicht über die App drauf zugreifen kann… Leider habe ich Deine Ausführungen dazu erst gelesen, nach dem ich die B300 am Montag geliefert bekam. Bin noch ein bisschen am Überlegen, aber defacto werd ich sie wohl zu teuren Speditionkosten zurück schicken.
Wollte mich gern mit Dir darüber und vll. ein paar Sachen zur EP500Pro bzw der App austauschen.

Es ginge bei mir morgen ab 14 Uhr oder am Wochenende jeweils ab 11 Uhr, wobei es wegen einiger Termine schön wäre, wenn Du schon mal ein Zeitfenster schreibst, wann es Dir passt.
Tel-Nr ist die 0174 9475583

Ich weiß nicht, ob Du diesen Artikel kennst, fand ich ganz interessant (insbesondere die Messungen/Berechnungen zur Amortisation und die Aussagen am Ende von Seite 5):

https://www.golem.de/news/solarenergiespeicher-bluetti-ep500-pro-wie-ich-versuchte-autark-zu-werden-2209-168224.html

Mit besten Grüßen

Ingo

Von meinem/meiner Galaxy gesendet