B230 oscillating noise

Hi. I am charging my AC200Max with 1300W total on both inputs and a connected B230 battery using a D050S with 500 watts extra.
30 minutes in, the B230 starts making a low droning oscillating noise. One may assume there is a fan, but B230 has no vents.
So my question is what makes that noise inside a B230?

Hi @achernikov , Could you please provide a clear video so we can listen to the sound of the B230 fan? Additionally, if you use the AC200MAX or B230 separately, does the noise still occur? Could you confirm which machine is actually making the noise?

Yes, I will try to record in the way you could actually hear it, as it’s a relatively low frequency oscillation.
I will try to charge b230 separately and test for the noise.
It is definitely b230 making that noise. When I turn the charger off, the noise disappears after 10 minutes or so.

Hello all, Regarding the issue with switching charging modes, our app technical engineers have identified the problem. They are currently working on an urgent fix and it will be resolved soon. This issue is not related to the firmware upgrade. Once we release the new version of the Bluetti app, updating the app will resolve the issue.

I think it was meant for another thread :)

Hello achernikov

I’m interested in hearing the oscillating sound of your b230. I also hear this noise I think from my b230, after a certain charging time (I charge my
b230 connected to the ac200max, via a t500 on the ac200max’s input and another t500 on the b230).
I always thought it was normal, thanks to you I know now it’s not normal.

Yes, the sound is very annoying.
Our power schedule cycle is 9 hours nowadays, which means we can have no power for 7 hours and only 2 hours of grid before it’s out for another 7. If I only have 2 hours to charge at night it is very hard to sleep.

@Snips1 @BLUETTI_CARE
Here is the video.

I turned off the chargers, so the sound of their fans dont confuse you, but the ac200max is still stinking around, so don’t pay attention to that.
The oscillation is audible through headphones or some decent speakers:

Thank you very much
I recognize the frequency of the very low frequency ripple. At home it’s even louder (perhaps the microphone isn’t picking it up well enough). I don’t remember if this happens when loading the B230 alone… I mostly get this sound when I load the AC200max and B230 connected together, with 2 T500 adapters. It’s definitely the B230 that emits this ripple, not immediately, but after a certain charging time. And I think it’s still rippling for some time, even when the power supply is removed.

YES! This is exactly what I am experiencing.
AC200Max dual charging
B230 connected to AC200Max and charges through d050s
30 minutes after, this bass wobble starts. Turning of the charger lets it wobble for 10-15 minutes and then it disappears.
Very annoying stuff.
@BLUETTI_CARE What’s up with this noise?

What is the ambient air temperature when this is happening? Imo you aren’t running air conditioning so there should be at least 30C.
Just a speculation - there should be an active BMS inside B230 and there probably could be a fan to cool balancing load resistors that kicks in based on temperature. I watched the video several times and the sound resembled me a fan that has oscillating RPM.

This happens both in 24C and 28C rooms when the charger is connected to B230. There might be a fan with a heatsink attached to the side of B230 case to conduct heat through the case walls.

This is a B300. There is a fan next to what I assume is a charge controller. I imagine the same’s inside the b230

Hi @achernikov , We’ve reviewed the video and agree that the noise is usual. If it does not affect in use, it is not necessary to do anything.