B230 discharges to air

Hi. I’ve noticed a weird behavior of a B230 connected to AC200max.
I charge the setup either through ac200max alone or if I only have 2 hours of grid left, I charge with an extra d050s directly into b230 (three chargers total).
If I leave the set up turned ON with no DC or AC enabled, my B230 loses 6% in 4 hours simply by existing in this world. AC200Max stays at 100%

Is this an issue of calibration when B230 does not know how to interpret 100% SOC and is losing its mind? Or what could that be?

I read on the forum that the ac200max (ac and dc off) consumes 6W (idle) and I believe that Mr. Britney measured that the b230 in idle loses 5 watts per hour. The two were able to lose a total of more than 44w in 4 hours. My guess is that the cell voltage of your b230 is higher than that of your ac200max. So, the b230 has recharged your ac200max which is at 100% while the b230 is no longer fully charged. However when I calculate, 6% loss in 4 hours is still a lot (6w+5w)x4h/(90/100x2000wh)=between 2% and 3%. Could it be a bms calibration problem for the 2% vs 6% ?
An experiment to verify: charge the ac200max and the b230 to 100%. Disconnect the expansion cable which connects them without turning them off (hot unplug). After 4 hours connect them together (hot plug) and look at the energy losses of each and in the hidden menu compare the voltage of the AC200max and B230.

Yeah good point. I should probably discharge both units, charge them separately and then leave them separate for some time to see if the percents drop.

1 Like

Hi @achernikov , It seems you’re concerned about two issues:

1. The B230 loses 6% of its battery without any output. This is because the machine consumes power to maintain its operation, which is normal. When the AC200MAX has its AC and DC output turned on, even with no load, it will consume about 20W per hour, while the B230 consumes 2W.
  2. The B230 lost 6% of its charge while the AC200MAX remains at 100%, We believe this is also normal. The AC200MAX and B230 maintain a dynamic power balance, and a 6% difference is not significant.
    If you want to improve battery performance, we recommend upgrading the AC200MAX to the latest BMS version and then performing a discharge and charge cycle. @Snips1 's advice is very helpful.
    Please follow the steps below:
    1). Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
    2). Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
    3). Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.
    Please let us know if it does help.
    If not, please contact us for further service.

Sure, I understand. Having the device ON with no outputs enabled may still consume power to switch on the fans and keep the lights on, so that’s understandable. I will perform the discharge until full off when I can (with current blackouts across the country, It’s quite risky to discharge everything).

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.
Yes, please test it when you are convenient, we will be waiting for your feedback.

Hi. I haven’t yet done the discharge and charge, but my full batteries look like this after charging.
Is this normal?

Some time after pack voltage dropped to 54.3

Hi @achernikov , Based on the photos you provided, the battery appears to be in good condition. Please rest assured.