Are sockets of EP500 Pro protected against current goes in?

Hi,

Is it correct that the sockets of the European EP500 Pro version are protected against current to go in, i.e. only current comes out from these sockets?

An offical confirmation would be great, thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards from Belgium!

1 Like

Hi @bluetti_thorstenwollenhoefergmailcom
Regardless if they are protected or not, i wouldnt try to “charge” the Unit by plug it into the “SchuKo” AC Plugs.

Do you have a special usecase where u think this can happen?

greetings
Erik

1 Like

The use cass is Grid coveted micro inverters.
Most/manny new residential solar installs have micro inverters per cell/ or per 2/4 cells.
So you have a Mppt per module.

They don’t make a grid they only back feed in a existing grid to suport it and lower the current.
this is normally not a problem because the grid can always use the energy somewhere in some loads.

This inverses are controlled by frequency if the grid frequency goes up thy gradually stop supplying power.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ac_coupling:start

Most Install type solar inverters can do this but obliviously only for some amount of power.

1 Like

Thank you for your comment. I don’t want to charge the EP500 Pro over its sockets, it’s rather the other way around. My household grid has a lot of electrical loads during the night, like fridge, standby TV and other devices, surveillance cameras and so on.
My idea, to connect the EP500 Pro easily to one circuit with a controller who is dimming the amount of Watt that goes into the home grid.

That’s all!

Thank you for your comment.
I’m using several micro inverters or better inverters who feed the household grid with solar energy by a plug. My system works perfectly for 5 months. When connecting the EP500 Pro by its European plug to the household grid by plug, like -D—ꓷ-, the loads should load solar energy from EP500 Pro too. This seems to be a key factor by night.

Waht are do you mean with this

This is a cable with 2 plugs, what is officially not allowed. But it can be useful to do things simple :wink: