Adding solar panels to ac180 + pv200

I received my combo kit of ac180 and pv200. Great unit so far but the 200w of solar isn’t cutting it for my needs (getting around 150-170w)

I am trying to figure out the best option to get to the 500w max pv input.

Another pv200/350 are a little out of my budget right now. So I started looking at other 100-300w panels problem is they all seem to be over the voc and amps. If I put 3x100w panels I am sure to go over the 60v max allowed on the ac180.

Anyone have experience with which panels I should go after, hoping for something flexible/portable that will work in parallel or series with my pv200.

Thanks!

Hi @Doginal

cant give you a better choice than SP200S or PV200.

One thing you should keep in mind when you search for alternative panels, dont mix them! While i was beginning with my solar Journey i mixed panels from different brands with different specs. I tell you… this produce the weirdest errors. Does it work? Yes, but it just work somehow. I got lucky but you really can burn of the panels down if you mix them without konowing what to do.

So when you want to buy panels, just buy all the same. Thats what i can say from my personal experiences.

greetings

Erik

1 Like

Try adding the 3 100 watt panels in parallel instead of in series. That will keep the voltage the same as a single panel, but will allow up to 3 times the current capacity of a single panel. That might work better for you (you’d have to do the same for 2 or 3 PV200s also).

1 Like