Adding a B300K battery into my AC300/B300 home system

I have previously posted a review on the B300K expansion battery and using it along with the AC200Max and the AC200L power stations. So I wanted to see how well it also works along with the AC300 power station that is also using B300 expansion batteries. Since my current AC300 system is maxed out with 4 B300 batteries I connected the B300K in place of one of my B300 batteries, and set it up to run with that system for a week.

For those who are not aware, I have been using my system for a bit over 2 years now and 99% of the time with only solar charging. I am using it to run 2 refrigerators, 2 freezers, my 120 volt home well pump, the internet equipment, and other miscellaneous items.

I made a video of swapping the B300K battery in the place of a B300, here below:

So I left the B300K battery in the system for the next week, letting it take it’s role in the system. During that time we had two days of rain and considerable cloudiness where the system got quite low on it’s charge. The B300K’s charge level got to 9%, about 11% lower than the other batteries, although I’m not sure if that was due to it’s smaller capacity, or because it had never gone through a full battery cycle while on the AC300. Either way, it held it’s place and performed flawlessly in the system. The day following the deep discharge was sunny, and all the batteries got fully charged that next day.

The B300K expansion battery is perfectly suited for a number of power stations, like the AC200Max and AC200L, but it also works seamlessly with the AC300 power station, including with existing B300 batteries, and that makes it a good option for expanding your AC300 system and making a smaller hit to the wallet while doing it.

I hope this can help anyone who is thinking about expanding their AC300 system!

3 Likes

THANK you!!! Your testing is great and thank you for spending your time to educate us.

1 Like