AC500/B300 solar input and AC output cables

AC500 B300 how can I turn input and output off without pulling the solar cables and the AC cable, so that the light goes out. Worry about overheating and burning plugs if unit continues charging

@moritz4
Or you can refer to this thread

As suggested, MC4 (bipolar) circuit breakers are great for this.
However, the unit won’t pull any current once the battery is topped up.
Panels don’t “push” energy into AC500, it’s the opposite: AC500 pulls what it needs, then puts the solar charger on standby once the battery is full.

We often like to remind that:

• Panels impose the voltage
  • Solar generator defines the current (up to the maximum it can take / is available)

You might notice a slow down between 95% and 100%, and this is normal. AC500 enters another phase of the battery charging process (from bulk to absorption) where lower current helps keeping the battery healthy (see, it’s almost full, you fill in the gaps more gently, to prevent overheating).

Devices such as AC500 are meant for 24/7/365 operation.

Thank you, I looked at the above link but did not find the part of the thread that refers to options for shutting down without pulling cables.

Hi,

You’ll plug your panels into this breaker’s input, and the breaker’s output goes into your AC500.
No need to disconnect the panels anymore, you just flick the switch to isolate the panels from the generator.

thank you. will look it up

where can I find this item

Amazon

2P Circuit Breaker MCB DC 500V 32A Home Circuit Breaker Disconnect Switch with IP65 Waterproof Distribution Box and User Manual (with Cable and PV Connector)