AC300 with B300

Hello,
I operate an AC300 with 2xB300 and solar panels.
The B300s each have a D050S charging amplifier with a 420W solar panel connected.
My question: Is it possible to connect a T500 AC charger to a B300 via XT90 and charge it (in addition to the PV charge)?

1 Like

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :sunny:

Quick question: Why don’t you use AC300 to charge the batteries from the grid? This would solve your AC charging need, while still making the most of your existing pair of D050S amplifiers.

Many users are concerned about feeding a high power panel (400W) to an input with, say, a 200W input limitation (like your B300 MPPT has). The only thing to look for is panel Voc. I’ve never seen a recent 400W panel with a Voc above 52V. Worst case scenario, connecting this 400W to your XT90 plug would be a nice, safe case of overpanelling - see PV input below, B300 can take up to 60V (say 54V to stay 10% below limit).

Still, if you have a use case that justifies charging the batteries using a T500 rather than via AC300’s grid input - Important B300 specs to answer this:

• B300 has a DC input (barrel plug 7909) maxing out at 500W.
    • this plug expects an external device (T500 or D050S) to push power into the battery.
    • userguide calls this the “AC input” as it is more self-explanatory when using T500.
  • B300 also has an XT90 solar input that maxes out at 200W.
    • This plug provides B300’s internal MPPT (solar charger controller) with a solar panel connection so it can pull energy from the panel.
  • These two plugs are thus connected to very different internal circuitry (pull vs push).
  • AC300 has an option for its own DC input to switch between MPPT and passive input, but B300 has two separate inputs for this.

Supposing your use case justifies a T500 providing B300 a means to recharge from grid/AC, then I guess the best is to follow the manual:

You’d loose the benefit of D050S virtually doing “overpanelling” and your solar input would cap at 200W.

Since this device separates DC input and solar charging
Ideally @BLUETTI / @BLUETTI_CARE should confirm this to make sure.

2 Likes

Hi @tobias77, We would like to gather more information about your AC300. Besides charging the B300 with solar power and AC charging, is your AC300 currently being charged in any other way? What is the VOC of your 420W solar panel?

Thank you to @Derceto for the detailed response; it has been very helpful :+1:. We also agree that since the AC300 has a higher charging power, charging it directly will likely yield better results.

Hi @BLUETTI_CARE and @Derceto
thanks for your posts.
I’m aware of the fact that charging the B300 is only the second best option. In my situation (which is a pretty special one) it makes sense.
The AC300 ist also connected to pv-panels.
The B300 is connected via a D050S charging amplifier with a solarpanel (42,9V, 10,5 A) at the round connection, not at the xt90.
I’d like to connect at the xt90 port a T500. But this port is probably limited to 200W?!

Hi @tobias77, The B300 has one AC input and one DC input. You can directly connect a 42.9V solar panel to the DC input of the B300 for solar charging.
Then, you can use the T500 to connect to the AC input of the B300 for AC charging at a power of 500W.
I hope it does help.