AC240 AC Power Use SoC Query

Hi, I had an Australian AC240 that was exchanged as requested by Bluetti Customer Support. The exchange process was very efficient I have to say. However, I am concerned that there may be an issue with the replacement in relation to very rapid dropping of SoC when using the AC power output. I have a 650 watt kettle that takes 2 minutes 30 seconds to boil. On my previous AC240 the SoC would drop between 2 and 4% per boil, which I found quite consistent with my other units. For example, the larger Wh capacity AC200P usually drops 1 to 2%, and the less capacity AC180 around 3 to 5%, all as expected.

However, the replaced AC240 is using between 11 and 15% per boil now, according to the display, which I am somewhat disappointed with.

I have of course done the recommended recalibration process, but again I am experiencing the same rapid drop of SoC. Today the unit dropped from 100% to 88% after one 2 and a half minute boil @ 650 watts.

Is this likely to improve with more usage and perhaps additional recalibrations, or could it suggest a possible BMS issue given my original unit did not have this issue?

@Bluetti_Care Serial No: AC2402423000004312

2 Likes

@BLUETTI_CARE the issue still persists so in the absence of any other suggestions I am going to drain the AC240 until it shuts down and try another recalibration.

2 Likes

Hi @Erebus , Currently, there is no new BMS firmware for the AC240, and unfortunately, we cannot provide an upgrade at this time.

Our engineers recommend you use a heater with a power rating above 1000W and then test how long it takes for the AC240 to discharge from 100% to 0% when powering the heater.

Have you tried recalibrating the AC240? Please follow these steps to recalibrate:
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.
    Please let us know if it does help.
    If not, please contact us for further service.

@BLUETTI_CARE thank you for your reply. As I mentioned in my posts above, I have done recalibrations and plan to do another in the hope I can rectify the issue. If possible, please feel free to read what I posted in case it offers some hints to a resolution.

I believe it is a BMS issue as once the SoC dropped to 60%, another boil resulted in a drop of only 3%, which is where I believe it should be.

Hi @Erebus , I agree with you. We suspect that the issue is caused by an inaccurate SOC (State of Charge). This can typically be resolved by recalibrating the battery. We hope this solution will resolve the problem.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE @BLUETTI A quick update. I have now performed 3 complete recalibration cycles but the inaccurate SoC display persists unfortunately. The first 40% drops rapidly with minimal wattage draws, as outlined above, but seems to settle once below 60%. I’ve never experienced a Bluetti with such a major SoC display discrepancy, nor one that cannot be remedied by a recalibration, which is a little disappointing. Even more frustrating is the fact that the original unit did not have this issue and performed flawlessly, but I had to return it for a replacement as Bluetti had deemed the Australian AC240s as faulty. In my case it seems the reverse was true! :)

There is no issue with the battery capacity as I can use the unit with the SoC on 1% for many hours, and sometimes days depending on its usage, so I remain hopeful of a future firmware upgrade that may be able to correct the issue. For now I will continue to use it with its quirky flaw.

Hi @Erebus, Thank you for your understanding and patience.
We have reported this issue to our R&D department, and they will be discussing it further. We hope to have new firmware that can resolve this issue in the near future.
I will contact you immediately with any updates.

2 Likes

@BLUETTI_CARE thank you for your continued dedication to customer service. It is greatly appreciated. Whist it is only a minor annoyance, if you can find a fix it would make this excellent unit even better.

2 Likes

@BLUETTI_CARE Hello, I was wondering if there has been any update regarding a new firmware to fix this issue please?

Hi @Erebus, After checking, we found that the new firmware has not been released yet.
I have forwarded your feedback to the R&D department and hope they can complete it as soon as possible. I will contact you once it is finished.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE okay, thank you.

Hi @Erebus, We have received a response. The R&D department has developed a new firmware, but it will take some time for testing and optimization.
It will take about two weeks or more before the official release. Once available, the issue can be resolved through the firmware update.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE that is very exciting news, thank you again. I look forward to trying the fix when it is available.

1 Like

Hi @Erebus, I’m glad to tell you that our R&D department has made the new BMS and pushed it to your AC240. This does help to resolve this problem, please upgrade it directly.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.

After that, please try to do a complete cycle of charge and discharge to correct the SOC. The problem will be resolved.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.

Please let us know if it does help.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE thank you. I shall update the firmware ASAP and report back in due course.

@BLUETTI_CARE unfortunately there is still no update available. How long should it take to come through?

Hi @Erebus, can you confirm your AC240’s SN number is AC2402423000004312?
Can you take a screenshot to show your SN number? We will check if any problem over there.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE

When I click on Check for Update it says No New Firmware Version.

Hi @Erebus, please click this blue icon–Check for Update.

Or you can click Settings on the APP, and choose Firmware Upgrade.

@BLUETTI_CARE it just says No New Firmware Version as I stated above.