AC200MAX USB-PD-Port issue with Laptop @20V5A

I have a Laptop which utilizes 20V/5A PD.
It seldomly will charge from the AC200Max (one major reason I went with the Max).
Bought new PD cable (with V/A/W reading), just to be sure.
Charge from another PD-Charger I have (with same cable) = no issue, 20V and around 90W. Plugged into the Bluetti, the Laptop most of the time will not charge, but makes short sound after cable connection, so it must recognize something. The new cable WILL show 20V from the Bluetti after the Laptop made the before-mentioned sound, but Laptop won’t charge. I assume it could have something to do with the Protocol/Handshake from the Bluetti, or maybe there is an initial Voltage drop, as the Laptop wants to start drawing power, so it stops due to Voltage drop too high/out of spec?
Sometimes plugging in/out or switching DC output on/off several times will make it work, most of the time it won’t.
A phone (low power draw) will charge without issues. So since the Laptop DOES work with the OTHER PD supply, AND the old AND new cable, I assume there must be some issue with the Bluetti.
May there be a firmware update, which has improvements for the PD protocol/handshake, or is this most likely hardware-related?
I currently can not test more than I did. I have made a short Video clip, which I could send to support team. But the clip will only show what has been described above.
Laptop is running Windows, but I am not aware of any diagnostics which will show me what happens on the PD side of the Laptop. If you are aware of such tool, it might clarify what’s happening here.
What possible solutions do we have here?

2 Likes

I have a similar charging issue with the USB C 100v port charging an old note 8. I have a wireless charging issue withe this phone too.