AC200MAX overnight discharge

Good Day All

Concerning the problem of overnight battery discharge

I have read a few posts concerning this problem. Actually it may have happened to me before, but I was hoping it was a fluke, or I did something wrong.

This last week I had run the AC200MAX continually for around 7 days charging entirely with solar. The weather changed and poor solar conditions were predicted for the next several days, so I powered everything off ensuring AC/DC and were turned off (always run the battery in ecomode) checked all battery levels all was good. That was April 11.

Today April 14 go to use the battery and the ACMAX is at 0% battery 2 and3 still where they were 3 days ago in the mid 35% range.

I connected the T500 brick and solar to the AC200 only (B300 units not connected). This was at 09:00hrs at 10:10hrs the Max was now at 35% that’s too fast.
I shut things down temporarily and reconnected the 2 b300 units, because the max’s battery level caught up to the b300 units levels. Restarted charging, and now an hour later I notice that the AC200 is sitting in standby mode (at 37%) while the 2 B300 are charging. Im still keeping an eye on things and the MAX is still in standby while battery #2 is at48% and battery #3 is at 45% . I am not sure if I should continue recharging.
I do know both my DSP and BMS are running older versions, but I didn’t want to change anything because up until now things were running very well.

So I wonder where the problems is. Is it the batteries themselves or the BMS or the DSP software?

I have already reached out to support, and I am awaiting their response, any suggestions in the meantime.

Thanks

Wait to see what support say but my experience was after a firmware update the battery level monitoring was more accurate. Before while running for the correct amount of time it used to jump around a bit at low and high charge.

Thanks chorlton for letting me know.
Im not overly concerned now, The AC200 is still slowly recharging (only 3 % in nearly 4 hours) while the 2 b300 units are charging normally, Battery#1 @ 39% still indicating standby battery#2 @60% charging and battery# 3 @ 45% charging.
I haven’t done the update yet, as I was going to charge everything back up to 100% before doing it, just in case I encounter any problems.
Once the batteries are fully charged and once support gets back to me, I’ll see what they want me to do. I have been hesitant to update anything because up until now things were going well.

My problem is solved.
I would like to mention that even though in the past I have read in the Bluetti forum other members having this same issue, it is good to know how to perform an update and what one should expect.
I would also like to take a moment to mention how quickly Bluetti Support got back to me. They had the answers they were confident and that made me confident. Thanks, Bluetti Support.
So for the sake of anyone else when an update is required, and you have no idea what to do, here is the information that was given to me from Bluetti Support and from what I have read elsewhere in this forum.

As per the instructions given for updating the DSP & BMS
Disconnect all AC & DC loads & Inputs.
1. Disconnect the B300 batteries before update.
2. Open the Bluetti App and connect to the AC200MAX device and turn off AC & DC outputs. Make sure the phone is placed next to the device and there is a stable Bluetooth connection.
3. Click on the Settings (cog icon) and select Upgrade.
4. Click on the Upgrade button next to BMS.
5. After upgrading, fully discharge. After that, recharge it again. Do not interrupt it while charging. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day. Then the problem should be resolved.
New Updated versions are DSP 4005.08 / BMS 1017.03
The BMS update ran about 45-60 seconds. The machine did cycle off and on a few times and as soon as I started the update my battery indicator dropped 3% instantly that would be the only anomaly that I am not sure about, everything else seems to have completed normally
The DSP on the other hand took about the same time but ran the cooling fan really hard. It completed ok as far as I know.
I tested everything out and the original problem of losing battery power has so far not come back, but I realize 1 day is not going to tell me much.
I hope this will help others with the same problem.
B

1 Like