AC200Max Fan noise fixed

Hi there. Just wanted to share my experience with AC200Max and its fans.
The left fan kicks in once in a while and has a rattling / whiney noise that irritates me during the night.

I’ve purchased an 80x25 Noctua NF-A8 FLX, cut the power wires from the stock fan and patched my Noctua fan to the stock connector using scotchlok. I used an extension cable that came in the box for Noctua to keep the factory connector intact (say in the event of using this fan elsewhere or using another fan, I simply unplug the fan from the extension cable).

Fan is now dead silent and it even runs in shorter periods of time as Noctua seems to provide more airflow, whilst having lower RPM.

Next step is to change the fans on T500 and D050s

1 Like

Hi @achernikov

Thanks so much for your detailed inside. The “Fan Problem” was discussed many many times on here. Would also love to see your T500 upgrade. I also have 2 of them.

1 Like

Hello, it may be interesting for you to look in the hidden menu of the ac200max temperature measurements, when your ac200max is charging and your noctua is running at full speed, to see the maximum temperatures inside.

Ps Also interested in the t500 and d050s mod!

2 Likes

Hi there. I am not sure if Noctua is running at full speed (most likely not), but here’s the screen for while it’s charging at 800W through solar and 500W through AC port.

As for the d050s mod, I lurked through the forums and it appears that both t500 and d050s use a 50x15 fan. A person used gelid silent 5, so I ordered five of these (2 for my t500, 1 for my d050s and 2 for my friend).

Thanks !
I will try to charge my Ac200max this evening with 2 x T500 (900/1000w) and when the fans (“genuine”) of the Ac200max are running at full speed, I will record the temperatures and I will post on the forum to compare.

Interesting. Worth mentioning that the ambient temp here at the moment of photo-ing was 28 deg C

1 Like

27°C in the room
The hotest that a have :

then the fan wake up and the temperature drop.
There’s not a big difference.

Thanks! Seems like we’re not that far off each other, which I assume is great news for the new cooler fan.

Yes ! (And your ambiant temp is hotter than mine)

1 Like

Been enjoying following this post about the AC200Max.
Could someone tell me how to access this hidden menu as shown in the pictures please?
Cheers

Data - bms - tap on the top left corner quickly 5 times with a beep

Thanks, much appreciated and will give it a go.

Hi! I’ve just quickly changed the old fans in T500 to two Gelid silent 5 with the following logic:

1. Cut the cable of the stock fan, leaving the connector attached to the board
  2. Holding gelid connector with the protruding plastic facing towards you: Connect middle of Gelid 5 to the red wire of the stock fan. Right of the Gelid 5 to the black wire of the stock fan
    using scotchlok UY like this:
  3. Have fun. I haven’t measured the temp yet, but the airflow is quite nice and not very hot.
1 Like

Thanks for your update :)