AC200MAX + B230 question: B230 discharges first, and turns off?

Hello.

Have a AC200MAX, and a B230,. connected with the big cable.
It seems the B230 always discharges first (and shuts itself off when empty), while the AC200MAX can have almost full charge.
This would be OK, but if the B230 shuts itself off, and PV charges (trough the 200MAX), then the 200MAX will be full, and the 230 as it’s shut-off will not take charge, basically wasting PV energy as soon as the 200MAX is full. So I see a 200MAX at full charge, a shut-off B230 with 0% and am less than happy…

This seems to be wrong. Surely the B230 should not turn off (for deep-discharge) as long as the whole system (in this case the 200MAX) has power left. And even if it does, it must turn on when PV is available? I mean, both units are connected trough the big cable (which surely has data cable, right)?

I also have an ac200max and a b230.
Normally the b230 discharges at the same rate as the ac200max… And when the 2 are empty, they switch off… However, the presence of a sufficiently high voltage on the solar input can wake up the ac200max… but alas, the b230 can’t wake up like the ac200max.

If you notice that b230 seems to discharge faster than ac200max… Perhaps you have a b230 calibration problem (I’ve noticed that this happens more often when you charge the b230 via the expansion cable) . In that case, calibrate the b230: once it’s empty, remove the expansion cable and recharge it alone with the t500 adapter, and it should be fine.

If I have the 200MAX and the B230 connected via the big cable. I did discharge both and charged both, but the 200MAX always charges first, then the B230.
The B230 discharged first, then the 200MAX.

In certain rare scenarios I can see a use case for that. E.g. if the B230 used as a portable Top-Up battery-pack, meaning it is regularly disconnected and charged on the grid somewhere else and then reconnected to the 200MAX to lengthen runtime, if PV is not sufficient.

In most cases (as in mine) however, this is far from ideal. AC200 will always charge to 100% (while longevity would be better, if 100% is reached less often). And for that I did get the B230 to double capacity. But now I am having a 200Max with 100%SOC, a turned off B230 with 0%SOC. And if I am present and realize that, I can manually turn the B230, but it will only charge if the 200Max is at or near 100%SOC.

Never are the charges equal, and with that the B230 shuts off, and never turns back on if PV is present and plenty. The 200MAX can reach 100%SOC, while the B230 remains switched off, even if PV could charge it. Wasted energy, and pretty much also a wasted investment for additional battery storage. Bluetti, what can you do here?

@Basti_D Please provide me with the SN and the firmware version of the AC200MAX. Thank you.

@Basti_D We will send you a firmware update to your AC200MAX. Please disconnect the B230 and upgrade the BMS firmware to 1017.05. After the firmware update, please do a full cycle of charge and discharge to correct the SOC.

Did you already publish the Firmware? Was in the App → Versions, see an “Update” Icon, on top, but pressing it does not do anything. Am I approaching this wrong?

@Basti_D Yes. Did you log in with your account and connect Bluetooth?

Oh, did not know that I need to log in the App. Was assuming the link comes from the Serialnumber, not my account. Will try soon.

@Basti_D Looking forward to your update.

Firmware is installed. Can not yet say how it performs. I will have an eye on it, and get back. Thank you.