AC200MAX 034 BMS Communication Error

Well, I was dumb. I have read about others bricking their max by doing the BMS update and I did not think it could happen to me.

I have the latest version of the android app (Aug 24, 2023) and I made sure everything was fully charged. I disconnected the B-230 and attempted the update from 15 inches away (sitting in front of it on the floor)
the app warned me about not charging/discharging etc during the update and I clicked ok.
update showed 0% and then a communication error.
now have green slow flashing power button and alarm condition with 034 BMS Communication Error.

p.s. it shipped with the .02 version and i was upgrading to .03

now what ?
:( :( :(

Hi @Digidog

if i remember things right, there was some kind of trick to reattmept a firmware update.

@BLUETTI or @BLUETTI_CARE Is there anything you can do?

greetings
Erik

PS: There already was a thread to this topic, maybe you can find a solution here

Additionally, there does not seem to be any sort of long-long press power on menu or reset :(

was worth a try …

Also just tried a friends phone with Android 13 vs my Android 9.
Still no joy. Will try to track down an I-Phone and give it another go.

@Digidog Please try the below steps:

1. Please remove all inputs and outputs, such as PV, mains, and loads.
  2. Upgrade the APP version to the latest, and then upgrade the firmware again
  3. Set the screen-off time to “Never”
  4. If the phone is connected to WiFi, try turning off WiFi and using data to upgrade again; or try turning off and on the phone WiFi.
  5. Clear the APP cache and try to upgrade again.
  6. Try downloading the APP again
  7. Try another mobile phone, preferably an Android device.
  8. If the solution still cannot be solved, provide the SN code and we can check more details.

Hello,
per your instructions, there was not anything connected to the max at anytime during attempted upgrade. i have followed your suggestions and am still getting upgrade failure and 034 error.

I cannot see how to direct message so i will send a photo of my serial here in the next post.

regards,

Ian

SOLVED !!!

version 2.1.4 of android app became available this morning on Google Play.

I downloaded it, rebooted my phone, cleared the app cache and tried firmware upgrade.
First try failed, I turned off wifi and tried again and it worked !!

Thank you.

I have all the original shipping boxes but really glad I do not have to part with my MAX.

2 Likes

@Digidog Thanks for your update. I’m glad that your problem has been solved.

@BLUETTI_CARE , thank you for your help. I have one more BMS related question.
The BMS version of my newly purchased B230 battery is 1011.9 should it not also be updated ???
Is there some way to do that ?

Regards,

Ian

@Digidog You don’t need to update the BMS version of the B230. There is no related firmware version.