AC200L or AC200Max

Hello,
i wanna buy a ac200 unit but i dont know which of theese i should buy.
Is the ac200l much better than ac200max?

I want to use it for my next camping trip.
thanks

1 Like

Hi @LeutnantWerner

I would go with the ac200l. Its outperform the ac200max in every single spec

Greetings
Erik

2 Likes

AC200L has an upgraded pass-through, so it can serve a much broader range of needs aside from camping.
However, how do you plan to recharge your unit?

1 Like

i want to charge it with a solar panel. i think the one i see was pv200

ok, keep in mind that theoretically you need 10 hours of perfect sunlight at that rate to refill your AC200x unit. Then you still have to factor in the device’s standby consumption. You can rely on car input (12V) and recharge the station before you leave; it’s always nice to audit your energy needs to avoid bad surprises.

Or go with more Solar^^

2 Likes

can’t deny that :slight_smile:
I just mean to keep Lt Werner’s expectations in check when it comes to solar. His camper U-Boot might not get as much solar input as it might theoretically sound ;-)
On regular mid-season grey-ish euro skies, I’m used to see 5-15% max production turn into actual harvest whatever the MPPT make or panel brand / type.

Hahaha, thats a great one xD

1 Like

Thank you for your answers. Camper U-Boot is great! I will note it.

1 Like

Couldn’t help but note the Das Boot character reference… BTW, an unpublished scene from the movie shows an IP66 test for the voyage… AC200Max/L aren’t waterproof I’m afraid.

3 Likes

I’ve had to send my AC200MAX in for repair twice because of an AC charger connection overheat failure. The AC200L has an internal charger with new technology so you would never have this problem. It’s probably more efficient too.

3 Likes

Haha, thats amazing btw xD

1 Like

except that it doesn’t have a 12 volt DC 30 amp output like the 200MAX…yet… so if you want 12 volt power bigger that the 10 amp accessory plug you’ll need a 120v ac to 12v dc power supply plugged into the AC output with the AC button on which drawers lots of power and inverter inefficiencies … that is until we know what the 48v dc output connection will do in the future.

1 Like

Since the AC200L doesn’t support the DO50S, it can only support one solar array. That matters if you want to charge from a roof top solar panel array and portable panel array. You can do that with an AC200 MAX and a DO50S charging enhancer.