AC180T no charging at low grid voltage

The AC180T charging station does not charge from the AC grid. The GRID indicator flashes.
The voltage in my network is almost constantly about 190 volts. It is impossible to influence this because our power grid is very damaged by the aggressor.

AC180T2416000502068
ARM v2097.08
DSP v2096.07 (update available to v2096.09)
BMS Pack 1 v1038.14
BMS Pack 2 v1038.14

Can you please provide any solution? Or should I update DSP to v2096.09 to resolve this issue?

1 Like

Hi @dimakovalevskyi , We offer a custom firmware DSP v2088.04 for the AC180P to customers in regions with unstable power grids.
But I am sorry this firmware is not compatible with the AC180T. I have reported this problem to our egnineer, I hope they will reoslve it in the future.

Hi, I have the same problem with AC180T. It’s not charging when there’s 195v or lower. I am from the same country.
Just so you know that there’s more than one owner of this station who is waiting for a solution.
Thanks.

Also, there is an option called Grid Self-Adaption, but it’s not doing anything.

Hi @magicpurplecow , Thank you for letting us know. Is your model also AC180T? I have conveyed your feedback to our product development team. They will explore the feasibility of addressing this issue. Hopefully, we will have good news soon.

Correct, it’s the AC180T, just like topic starter has

Thank you for getting back to us so quickly. Currently, only the AC180P has the customized firmware.

Any news? I have same problem with my AC180T

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE hello! Any news for us?

Hi @dimakovalevskyi, Currently, the demand for this model AC180T is relatively low, so firmware development for it is prioritized after other higher-demand requests. We do not yet have a specific development schedule.

Hi @dimakovalevskyi, I am glad to tell you we have finished the new DSP to resolve this problem. Now I have applied to upgrade your DSP to our IT department. They will push the latest version of firmware to your machine in 12 hours.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.
After that, please enable the grid self-adaption mode and try again.
Please let us know if it works.

Hi @magicpurplecow and @onufrio_ua, I am glad to tell you we have made the new DSP to resolve this problem.
Please tell us your AC180T’s SN number and current DSP version.
And then we will push the latest version of firmware to your machine.

Hi
It’s AC180T2416000501754
DSP v2096,09

Hi @magicpurplecow, I am glad to tell you we have finished the new DSP to resolve this problem. Now I have applied to upgrade your DSP to our IT department. They will push the latest version of firmware to your machine in 12 hours.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.
After that, please enable the grid self-adaption mode and try again.

Ok, I updated DSP to 2096,10
But when I go to the advanced settings, where grid self-adaptation is, the bluetooth sign in a loading circle appears on the screen, and doesn’t stop, until you touch the screen.
Then, I see that grid self-adaptation option is switched off, and I can’t switch it on. All that’s happening when I try that - is a the same loading circle animation spins for a second, but with no bluetooth sign this time.
I can not interact with that option atm.
Everything else in the app seems to work.

Just tried with a different phone, different android version, fresh install of the app. Same result. Something is broken

Hi @magicpurplecow, We checked the upgrade records and found that you have successfully updated.
For the issue with accessing advanced settings, we suggest restarting the Bluetooth switch on the AC180T screen, then rebooting the AC180T. After reconnecting to the app, try again. Does this help?

Additionally, aside from the issue with advanced settings, are other functions working normally? Please test AC charging as well. We look forward to your results.

I’m not sure what you mean by “restarting Bluetooth switch on the AC180T screen”. It’s either not connected with the device, when you just turned it on, or connected, if you press on the device icon in the app. I can’t see any bluetooth switch, other than my phone’s.
When I turn AC180T on, with the power button, there is no bluetooth icon and no connection to the device at first. Then I connect with it via the app.
Nothing in advanced settings is working. There is a frequency switch, that also does nothing. it shows 0. When I press it, there is a choice between 50 and 60, 50 is being highlighted. Whatever I choose of the two options, 50 is still highlighted on the next pressing.
Things that are not in advanced settings - work. I don’t think it’s a bluetooth issue, if I can control everything else from the app. Like charging modes, turning on/off dc/ac and everything else.
Is it possible for anyone on your team to test the latest app version with AC180T device?

Hi @magicpurplecow, Thank you for your feedback, these results are very important.
We can test the new firmware on the AC180T, but we cannot replicate the exact voltage conditions of your power grid, so we can’t reproduce the issue you’re facing. The firmware we tested is functioning correctly and works as expected.
Could you follow these steps to access the settings mode on the AC180T using the AC/DC button and then turn on Bluetooth? Please refer to the following steps.

1. When the AC180T is powered on, press and hold the AC and DC Power Buttons for more than 1 second till the output frequency flashes to enter the Setting Mode.
  2. In the Setting Mode, press the DC Power button to navigate through the setting items. When the Bluetooth icon flashes on the LED screen, press the AC Power Button to turn Bluetooth on / off.

It has nothing to do with voltage. The current issue we’re talking about is non-working advanced settings. If you can test it at all, you will be under the same conditions for this specific aspect of the functionality.
I have normal currency right now, btw. It’s around 220v. We expect a new wave of problems closer to winter.

I did as you suggested, important step is missing though: for changes to apply, you’ll have to exit settings mode, the same way as you entered it. Until then, bluetooth connection is still on, even if the icon disappears. It really turns off, only when you exit the settings mode.

But it doesn’t solve the problem. I don’t think it has anything to do with bluetooth, again. Every other thing is controllable via bluetooth connection with the app.

Hi @magicpurplecow, We suggest you upgrade the Bluetti app to the latest one, does it help?
If not, can you uninstall it, and donwload it again?