AC180P Clicking

Good afternoon!
When connecting a gaming laptop to the AC180P station, I constantly hear very frequent clicks, 2-3 clicks per second. There is a fear that something is not working correctly.
There is no such problem with other devices, everything works quietly.
Video-test

Should I be worried?

Model: AC180P
S/n: AC180P2349000746656
ARM: v2089.02
DSP: v2088.02
BMS: v1039.01

Hi @AMFqS, we have applied to upgrade your DSP to our IT department. They will push the latest version of DSP to your machine in 24 hours.
Please update it tomorrow and do not load any device when upgrading it.
Please let us know if it does help.
If not, please contact us for further service.

1 Like

After the update the problem remained.
I wonder if this behavior is harmful for the station?

Current version:
Model: AC180P
S/n: AC180P2349000746656
ARM: v2089.02
DSP: v2088.04
BMS: v1039.01

Hi @AMFqS , can you try to load some other devices, does this problem happen again?

Hello @BLUETTI_CARE
The problem was only when connecting the laptop. At the moment the issue has been resolved.
I replaced the surge protector (tried 3 different ones) with a regular extension cord.
There is probably some kind of incompatibility, but there are no more clicks.

Please clarify the question: is it possible to use the station as UPS 24/7? Doesn’t this cause wear and tear on the battery while there is mains electricity?

Hi @AMFqS, Yes, you can use the power station in UPS mode 24/7. This was part of our initial design and will not affect the battery lifespan. However, we recommend performing a complete recalibration every three months.
Here are some suggestions for storing the unit.

1. Never store the battery empty, even for only a few days. LiFePO4 batteries might be unrecoverable if stored empty.
  2. Storage temperature: 0-40℃. Don’t let store the battery in a humid environment. Keep it away from fire as well.
  3. The optimal state of charge for long-term storage is 50%.
  4. The battery will slowly self-discharge over time. The battery should be recharged every 3 months.
  5. Don’t store the battery on its side. Keep it up straight.
  6. Don’t stack things on top of the unit. Don’t block the fan.
1 Like

Thanks for your support!
The last question is about UPS operating mode. After 2-3 hours of operation, charging drops to 99% and automatic charging begins to 100%. Is this due to the fact that the station’s electronics always run on battery power, even when connected to electricity?