AC180P as UPS

How exactly AC180P work as UPS? If the battery is not fully charged load use battery charge? If the battery is fully charged will battery resources be used or load will get power from an outlet?

Welcome to the forum @ol.shoping ! When in “UPS” mode, it will first bypass the battery to power the load as priority, and the remaining (based on what you have charging set too) will then charge the units battery. Keep in mind, least here in the US, most wall plugs are only rated for 12-15amps tops… So I try to keep that load output below 1000w and always keep my ac wall charging specs set to the lowest available. (better for the cells anyways to not stress them all the time.)

Also, be sure you check for updates within the app as the initial firmware versions would pop your walls breaker if specs werent set up correctly within the app. (the default ranges were set to high in the beta units) Hope this helps but holler if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your answer. Do I need configure AC180P into UPS mode or it will work automatically in way you described?
As I understand it is preferable to set ECO mode and grid adaptation on.
What do you mean by “ac wall charging specs”

@ol.shoping Sorry… I didnt mean to confuse you. I forgot that the ac180 units dont allow the user to fully configure the charge rates, but rather just have the Silent/Standard/Turbo modes. (the bigger models allow you to further specify the actual rates.) So I would recommend keeping the unit in “standard” mode and let the machine do its thing. :metal:

So you wont need to worry about anything, The Ac180/P unit, when connected to the grid (AC charging) will automatically go into UPS mode when the AC output is then turned on.

Please note however… “Grid Enhancement Mode” is recommended to be turned OFF when running in UPS Mode. Personally… I recommend all users to keep that (and power lifting mode) turned OFF unless you really know what it does and need it.

Thank you for the clarification

1 Like