AC180 Newly purchased Generator pur sine charging help

Hello,
I have a mxr3500 pur sine wave generator that I was hoping to quickly charge my ac180 with.
But as others have reported when it reaches 1kwh it drops top about 260wh.

Has there been a successful fix for this? This may be a deal breaker for me as I really was looking forward to the 1kwh charge

I have enabled the grid option

Hi @Mortusnyte, When the AC180 is nearing full charge, it enters trickle charging mode to limit the charging power and avoid overcharging. Additionally, after charging for a period, the internal battery cells will heat up. Limiting the charging speed helps the machine cool down, thereby extending the battery’s lifespan.

Except it’s not nearing full charge. It is at 50%

Let me explain better. I start the generator, plug the ac180 with the provided plug directly, it reaches 1000wh clicks then drops to 260wh

I was able to reach 1kwh while also running my portable ac which costs about 900wh. Which totals about 1900wh on my generator.

Not a huge deal tbh. I don’t mind running my ac temporarily and in the winter I can substitute with a heater.

Getting 1kwh off-grid is a huge upgrade for me as I was capped at 150wh beforehand.

Hopefully in the future, the ac180 will be able to run off a generator without accompanying load. But for now I can work with.

1 Like