Ac180 - big issues ! no automatic charging from solar, app, and display

@LN2023 OK. Looking forward to your update.

No, it does not work.
I unplugged and plugged solar panels back in and it woke up, started to charge at 137W (afternoon sun).

@VR23 Did you update the firmware to 2077.07? If no, please provide me with the SN and the firmware version and I will push the firmware for you.

@LN2023 Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Let me check with the technician if there is further update.

So, this morning, my AC180 started automatically charging. All I did differently the evening before was that while the unit was completely off and no solar input (night), I reinserted the input plug. Nothing obviously happened because it was at night. Today, it started charging with only 10 watts of power at 75% state of change. There must be something wrong with the power sensors at the input plug or the mppt unit.

@VR23 The AC180 will automatically turn on and start charging if it has incoming power such as a solar panel. This is normal behavior.

Yes, and I have been having problems with that feature since I bought my AC180. I wrote the original comment about 2 months ago. I wanted to describe the weird behavior of the unit, but the automatic charging is still not working 100%.

Uploading info about my unit plus firmware version is 2077.06. If anything else is needed, let me know. When I check for updates, I am currently up to date with .06 version.

1 Like

I am having the same problem with my AC180. The unit does not power up by itself when solar is active. I need to unplug and reinsert the solar charge cable for charging from PV to begin. This obviously doesnā€™t work if Iā€™m not there! My unit is AC1802319000605059 and my firmware version is 2077.06. Iā€™d like to get the updated firmware to test. Thanks.

@VR23 @Rod Thanks for the information. The firmware will be sent in 6 hrs. Please update it to 2077.07 to test.

Hey @BLUETTI_CARE could you please flash that DSP 2077.07 update (and any other updated ones) over to both my units as well?
Serial Number #1 - AC1802307910071843
Serial Number #2 - AC1802318000746494

TIA!!

@m.briney OK. You will receive a firmware update in 6 hrs.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE got it. Thank you. Is there any possible way for you to pass along to the powers at beā€¦ that it would be GREATLY appreciated for them to include update ā€œrelease notesā€ within the app? Describing what bugs or enhancements have been made and dates for each release? This has been something alot of customers have been requesting for a long time. Thank you!

Same problem this morning after updating to new firmware. 78% charge, 49W.

@m.briney This has been fed back to the relevant departments, and I hope that it will be realized in the near future.

1 Like

@VR23 Iā€™m sorry to hear that. The R&D department will do more tests. If there is a further update, I will let you know.

Greatly appreciated team!

Hi, I assumed that some versions of firmware worked in the past. If so, maybe Bluetti should roll back the firmware to version which had worked, so end users donā€™t have to deal with this bug for now.

I tried the 2077.07 update yesterday and it appeared not to work. It wasnā€™t in full sun so I donā€™t know if that would help. As usual the AC180 started up by disconnecting and reconnecting the PV input cable as usual.

I wonder if this problem relates to updated firmware to fix clicking relay when PV power was not enough to start the unit (at dawn or sunset). See this post: My AC180 makes strange click noises

1 Like