AC 70 Overcurrent & Fault Alert on off Grid Cabin

Built a simple electrical system : 110 outlet to wall switch to two halogen lights in a small off grid outhouse. Bluetti to outlet for power source. If the switch is on, everything works perfectly. Lights are on. As soon as I turn the switch on the wall off, the AC70 shuts off and throws a “overcurrent” and “fault” alert. I am flummoxed. Any ideas?

Hi @scat, We’d like to know if there is a load on the AC70, and what the displayed power is. Is there a specific error code on the AC70 or app? Does the overcurrent warning still appear when using other loads?

Could you try using only a halogen lamp without a power strip? This might help, as we’re concerned about possible leakage from the power strip.

If you could upload a video and share the link with us, it would help us resolve the issue more effectively.

Thank you for the reply.To answer:

1. The only load are the two halogen lights. It only faults when the load is removed by shutting of the hard-wired wall switch.
  2. I will have to hike back in to read the power use, that will be a week away, however best guess is 26W
  3. The error code is Overcurrent alert (19 in the manual) and Fault Alert (20 in the manual pg 12) and is only triggered when the wired wall switch is turned to the off position. While under load and with the lights on and working, there are no error codes.
  4. Once it faults the AC must be turned off, when it is turned back on it functions normally and can power the lights or other devices without the error codes.
  5. There is no power strip, these are hardwired.
  6. I will not be able to provide a video for about a week.
    Thank you again

Hi @scat, Thank you for getting back to us so quickly.
For this issue, please press and hold AC + DC to enter the settings interface, then press and hold DC to check the fault code.
If you could record a video and upload it to a cloud drive, then share the link with us, that would be even better.
We would also like to know if you have other switches installed on the wall. Please try a different wall outlet to see if the error persists.