AC 180 has 5 100w panels- parallel, series or mixed array?

Adding 3 more Eco-Worthy bifacial 24.59 voc/ 4.95 Imp panels to the two I currently run in parallel.

Is there a better way to wire these than all 5 paralleled? Wire run is 30’.

And something’s bugging me- Wire gauges. I plan to go 10 gauge because bigger wire is better so why properly wire just to end up at the flimsy MC4 to pigtail Bluetti solar charging cable with its 16 awg wire?

The AC180 has a 10 amp input limit assuming you are over 30 volts. The input limit is capped at 8 amps below 30 volts so connecting all those panels in parallel would yield 8 amps X the panel voltage while operating which is only going to be around 150 watts and you will end up upset at the low input. What you want to do is connect two sets of panels in series and then do the same for another set of two and parallel together the two sets of serial connected panels together. This should get you around 40 40 volts X 10 amps or around a potential 400 watts input less about 20% for normal conditions. But if you got one more 100 watt panel, you could do three sets of 2 panels connected in series followed by connecting these three sets in parallel. This should give you the ability to receive around 400 watts of input. 40 volts X 10 amps (15 potential but can only input 10 of those amps) would give you the 400 watts in less than perfect conditions which is most times. a 16 ga. short wire will more than handle the 10 amp max load you will see in this configuration.

1 Like

Great reply. Thanks for the confidence builder.

I like the three series pairs but 3 x 24.59voc will be 15 volts over the 60 volt limit. 2 pairs of series at 50 volts keeps me under the limit.

Would prefer your solution but the math makes me gulp.

Installed 4 panels- 2 strings of 2 in series then parallel to the AC 180. I got 312 watts out of 4 100w panels.
Thanks to Scott Benson above. I am going to make a third serial string of 2 panels to parallel with the other 2. Took me a bit to realize that the serial voc of 49 per set of 2 doesn’t go up when another serial string is paralleled with it. So I’ll have three strings of 2 panels. should get 400w from it.

1 Like