We connected our Bluetti AC200 to power our home

I only use one outlet if connected to the house. If used stand! alone, I have several extension cords and power strips. If used stand alone, my kitchen counter is a good spot for my AC200. Close the the fridge and microwave and fairly close to the TV and wife. The elevated height of the counter makes seeing the control panel easy as well as plugging and unplugging

2 Likes

Understood. Thank you. I should have figured out cause that is what you said. Appreciate the reply. I have so much to learn before my AC200 arrives.

My challenge now is figuring out what accessories need/can afford.

What a great project! Great work Scott!

You may have answered this already but just in case -

When plugging your whole house panel into the Bluetti for emergency use, is there a maximum amperage draw since you are only using one of the plug inlets on the Bluetti?

So for instance if you have several appliances running at once and all are plugged into the same one socket, is there a point that reaches an amperage draw that may be too high? Would it be better to plug it into say 2 or 3 of the sockets?

15 amps per socket for continued draw

Thanks, that answers my question!

I don’t care for it much either.

Sorry, just want to make sure I understand 100%.

So there are 6 AC Output sockets on the AC 200 and 200P.

So each socket can handle 15 amps?

That would be a total draw of 90 amps.

No, that is not correct. You have a maximum continuous draw of 16.5 amps or 2000 watts available from all six AC outlets combined. This can be from a single ac outlet or divided in any way among the six. You can pull a 2,500 watt (20 amp) load for up to five minutes before the overload trips and shuts off the AC Power.

1 Like

Okay, makes sense now, thanks.

2000 Watts divided by 120V = 16.6 amps.

2 Likes

That would be correct except that you have to have exactly 120 volts under full load for that to happen. The voltage will fluctuate somewhat with load so I rounded it to 16.5 I am wondering though if I could make a cord with two male 120 volt plugs, plug it into two separate sockets in the AC200 and have both of those cords terminate into a 4L30 twist lock generator outlet so that a single outlet from the AC200 would not be under as much load.

In the real word, you will only see a high load for a short period of time and it should not be an issue. If you really were pulling 16 amps you would have a battery life measured in minutes which would not be practical.

My confusion is 1) why do you flip the refrigerator breaker and
2) is your AC on a separate box?

I turn off the refrigerator breaker because I don’t want a high draw item to immediately demand power as soon as the AC200 is plugged in. A refridgerator will consume considerable watts on initial start up. I slowly add power and also, it is also not good to immediately restart the AC compressor after losing power and is best to wait about five minutes.

No, my AC system is part of my main home electrical box. It is just 220V power and the Bluetti outputs only 120 V power. Because of this power difference, you have to turn off the AC system circuit breaker so it does not receive 120V power which is supposed to be bad for the 220V items to only receive 120 volts.

So I would pull the AC disconnect and have to make room at the very top of my panel for the generator? Just want to see if this is possible before I call out an electrician.

My confusion comes from the stickers I guess. Your first picture shows a bunch of labels with breakers yet there is another picture with just the 150 amp and the generator breakers???

I am in no way an electrician or expert in any way but from your pics it appears that you could add the interlock at the top of you panel and move the first breaker to make room as you say. You should also just be able to turn your ac off at the breaker at the bottom. But…def get the advise from an electrician for your specific set up. My home is five years old and def. looks different than your panel. You could also buy a transfer switch panel that would only energize a fixed qty of your existing circuits without going the interlock route.

Appreciate your feedback and prompt response!!!

I have two panels in my house. The pic with the 150 amp breaker is on the outside of my house and shuts off all incoming electricity to the house. This is the panel I wired my generator input plug and interlock to. The generator breaker is just for the incoming generator feed. Basically a switch between grid power or gen fed power but the interlock only allows one or the other but not both.

The panel with all my breakers is inside the garage and is fed from the outside inlet box mentioned above. All those breakers pictured are my individual circuits for the house.

Your breaker box appears to combine both of my panel types into a single box with the main shut off breaker at the top. Should work just like mine but it is just single box rather than my two separate boxes. You also do have the option of using a six to twelve circuit generator transfer switch which would give you the option to power up only a fixed number of circuits. Some people or electricians like the transfer switch option better.

An interlock install is simpler, less costly and powers all circuits or none. It does take a little more thought to use though.

A transfer switch only allows the usage of specific designated circuits and is simpler yo operate. Plug in your cord and flip each transfer circuit switch to either gen source or grid source. You can also feed some circuits directly off of a sogen/solar and simply flip back to grid if the sogen battery runs down. Running a house fridge off of solar only would be a good example.

Thanks again. That answered my question regarding the pictures. Is there a transfer switch you would recommend? They are pricey!!!