Panels requirements to charge AC200P

Thank you for your quick response.

So if the current is not increased when connecting in series, what is the benefit of a third panel?

Gary, the benefit would be that the total watts of incoming charge rate would increase by 33%. You can add up to approx. 6 of the Bluetti 120 watt panels in series without going over the voltage limit to approach the max 700 watt solar charge rate. You could only use two of the same panel connected in parallel before maxing out on the allowable amps. You would also not receiving any charging because the voltage would be below the 35 volt minimum. Voltage will increase by the voltage of each added panel which transfers the electricity more effectively through thinner wires.

Watts are what you are looking for when it comes to the total amount of electricity going into your AC200. The volts and amps are the variables. Volts X Amps = Watts For example:

36 (2 panels connected in series) volts X 6 amps (amps of 2 panels connected in series) = 216 watts of charging power

54 (3 panels connected in series) volts X 6 amps (amps of 3 panels connected in series) = 324 watts of charging power

108 (6 panels connected in series) volts X 6 amps (amps of 6 panels connected in series) = 648 watts of charging powerThe amps stay the same, but by increasing the voltage, you double the watts.

18 (3 panels connected in parallel) volts X 18 amps (amps of 3 panels connected in series) = 0 watts of charging power because the minimum requirement of 35 volts has not been met. Further, the AC200 has a limit of 12 amps input so you could not connect more than two panels in parallel even if the voltage was 35 volts or higher.

2 Likes

Thanks again. In case this did not transmit, I am sending this thanks again.

Gary

1 Like

Four 180 watt BougeRV panels, in series, under ideal conditions, theoretically have 720 watts of output. Achieving that is like spotting a unicorn, but it’ll be close enough.

I also noticed my Bluetti supplied “400 watt” charger only charges at 385 watts, max, according to my AC200P display.

1 Like

Are you appart of bluetti?

If you are asking me, no I am not affiliated with Bluetti other than being a paying customer and attempting to assist or answer questions to the best of my ability.

3 Likes