EMP Shield install idea

“ A high-altitude nuclear weapon detonated 25 miles above North America would destroy most U.S. electronics, high-voltage transformers, vehicles (including tactical ones), and other electrical machinery”

1 Like

At 249 miles high, EMP affected electronics on the Hawaiian Islands 1600 km away, back in 1962.

1 Like

The recommendations of using buried twisted wiring was from an article on lightning protection for solar arrays. They claimed that wire runs over 100’ need this protection, otherwise the wires act as antennas from even lightning in the clouds.

I can’t find the link at the moment, but you should google lightning protection.
BMW employs twisted pairs in all audio wiring to eliminate noise interference from other vehicles/factory electronics. I remember in the early days of tape deck players, after installing it I had a whinning noise (from my alternator) in my Camaro.They sold me some “black box” to install in the wiring to eliminate it. It mostly worked but I still heard some noise. Years later I saw BMW’s solution was to simply use a wiring harness with twisted pairs. They are everywhere in my car, from door speakers to the steering wheel radio controls.

1 Like