EB3A + Solar Panel

I have the same problem with EB3A in Germany. But from my point of view the problem is not really a warning when input voltage or input power is too low.

The problem is that this error code is not resetted inside the EB3A. The error code is stored and stays there for hours or days.

If I connect a solar panel in a cloudy moment the Input starts to flicker and the Android app says PV Voltage too low. Whatever I do afterwards, a panel in full sun, a power supply, a 24V battery the error is still there. So the error message gets not deleted inside the EB3A and I do not know for how long.

And in addition I cannot update my firmware here in Germany to benefit from a “solution”. I am on ARM 2053,07 and on DSP 2052,04.

Hey Bluetti, please fix this. This should be very easy to reset / delete the low voltage error message after 2 or 5 minutes automatically.

In addition why there is no reset button for the computer board or a combination of buttons to do a manual reset?

I have the EB3A in Finland, exactly the same issue with solar charging as described above: the input light will just flash and the app will show the low PV voltage warning. Same firmware versions shown in app, no update available: ARM 2053.07 and DSP 2052.04.

I’m using the Bluetti PV68 solar panel, and it measures an open circuit voltage of over 20V in relatively poor light (the sun was already below the horizon by the time I got around to this part of debugging the issue).

Given that EB3A and PV68 are sold as a bundle, I don’t think it’s acceptable that the combo results in basically a net negative charge in typical lighting conditions, especially when it has been demonstrated several times that it is capable of charging at a lower wattage once it gets going. Please update firmware.

1 Like

@BLUETTI I’m absolutely disappointed with your product plus your service.

After all the attempts to try to sort out the issues, still happening the same.

But now, I can’t use the Output 220v. Tried to charge my iPhone from there, and didn’t charge at all.

I tried to contact you through the “sales” email, and I got told to send the unit back for a replacement, but they weren’t clear about the instructions. The only thing I noticed was I needed to pack the parcel and go to DPD (?)

Please, want to hear your explanation and solved this situation.

Regards,

What’s the issue you are having with charging this again? If you use car charger, you need to plug the car DC output into the small circular DC input of the EB3A, not the large circular DC output hole. Make sure the voltage is a little higher than 12v. When the car is on, usually the voltage is around 14v so it should work and charge around 80-100W. If your car is off and battery is at or under 12V, it may not charge.

If you use solar, make sure the polarity is correct and the voltage is 14-28v with enough sun to provide current.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
After reconfirming with the EU support team, they misunderstood your email earlier. They have now arranged a courier pickup service for you. Please look out for it within today.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation

@BLUETTI No worries.

That´s why we have Translator, for these situations! :wink:

Anyway, you apparently replaced the unit for a new one, but unfortunately still got the same issue. Can’t charge using the Solar Panel, with the blinkin situation. They told me to update firmware, but I only have DSP version to be updated and when I try to update, nothing happens.

What is going on? I spent almos thousand euros, to have a solution for my needs, and can’t use the Solar Panel for my purposes. :(

It’s a bit awkward, embarrassing.

How can we solve this??

Regards,

@bluetti_care
@bluetti

1 Like

@BLUETTI
@BLUETTI_CARE

Tests Done to the Solar Panel PV200

Have seen replace my faulty unit EB3A by a new one (apparently).
Tested everything, but can’t understand why I still have the same error when connecting the Solar Panel and why I can’t charge my iPhone quickly with the USB type C with a cable 30W.

I always try to say the issue was with the solar panel, but got ignored. What can I do? Money refund?
Go to another brand?

How much sun is on the panel when you are getting the low PV input error? If sunlight is too weak. The voltage will drop as soon as the unit tries to pull current, causing the error.

The EB3A requires around 10W of power to start charging, once it starts, it can continue charging even if light temporary dims. However, it won’t start until there is more power from scratch.

There is a thread where someone wired a capacitor across the DC input to enable it to start at lower power, as low as 2W.