AC300 to Transfer Switch

Yes, I believe that is the consensus now. I personally would look to a neutral-switching transfer switch, as Bluetti’s only works with Bluetti equipment, and is more expensive.

By the way, I was informed by Bluetti support today that “Currently the problem can not be solved by upgrading the firmware.”.

Is there a list of such switches that we know work with the AC300?

Just wondering if these issues affect the AC200MAX. I have the unit working with extension cords right now :slight_smile:

I was hoping to wire it up to a transfer switch so I could run some circuits in my house off it all the time (powered with solar) and then in a power outage I could switch over some circuits like fridge, gas furnace, so they could run in a blackout.

I don’t really plan to ever leave it connected to utility power so does that mean these issues would not apply to me and I could buy something like the following:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/reliance-controls-306a-30-amp-6-circuit-manual-transfer-switch-meters-power-inlet/1001061763

If I ever did connect it to utility power it would be from a circuit not connected to the transfer switch, if that makes a difference.

My AC200P and all my other sogens work fine through a normal generator transfer switch I installed 20 years ago. I’m guessing it might just be an AC300 issue.

Thanks! That’s good to know.

Eric are you doing grid power charging to your AC200P while letting the AC200P power things in your home at the same time?

Nope but I do power some circuits with my AC200P while the rest are still using grid power.

This is why you haven’t killed your unit. The issue is with a non-switching neutral transfer switch when you are charging your Solar Generator with the same Grid power that the transfer switch is sharing the neutral with. This seems to be occurring on solar generator brands (Ecoflow, Bluetti, etc)…

So if I ever wanted to charge it with utility power I would have to disconnect the AC200Max from the generator switch first right?

It’s not good enough to just charge from a socket not wired into the transfer switch?

Ah - hold on.

Seems the AC300 takes AC power directly into it.

AC200Max has an AC to DC adapter. So it’s input is always DC.

I can’t see any way to damage the unit even if you screwed up the AC voltage really badly - you would simply destroy the power brick.

Unless I’m missing something.

For your first comment: If we have a non-neutral transfer switch then we can not use any outlet on our home grid, even if not inside the transfer switch box, to charge the unit without causing damage.

I would think you would be correct on charging with your Power Brick.

Hey guys, @t4602yf @recycle @mjb8706

When you guys killed your systems… did you kill both or just a single unit? I got some more information today from Bluetti Support and I’m interested to see what you say…

just one unit for me

As I previously posted, neither of my original ac300s were blown out. The ac output/inverter shuts down after restore of power from simulation of grid power outage. Then bluetti requested me to send back one for analysis, then the new one they sent me blew out on 008 OCP when I retested power restore after simulated grid power outage.,I have a suspicion that bluetti might have had a bad batch of ac300s with neutral wiring issues. Now they said they implemented hardware and firmware to guard against this issue.

Just one for me. I have only a single-phase (one Ac300) setup.

@twister36 can I ask you what those devices that send an email when power goes out are? I want to buy one. I’ve got my router/modem on a separate UPS like you so that would be a great way to alert me. Thanks.

Sure, they are MySpool.

1 Like

Hey guys, @t4602yf @recycle @mjb8706

Sorry another question, as I’m still working to diagram the root cause/issue with the non-switching neutral transfer switches. Were you charging your AC300 with a 30amp outlet or the 15 amp outlet?

I do not have 30a set up at home. Only on my propane generator. So charging from 15a grid circuit.

each of my ac300s are on separately phased 20 amp outlets. (well…both were before the code 8 occurred at my first unit). each unit is set to draw only 15amps. My plan was to set that draw down to 7amps max.

I’m charging at 15 amps too (the outlet is actually 20 amp dedicated to just the Bluetti).