T500 fan upgrade

I know but i can wait some days to do a clean work with adapters!

1 Like

So I got my shipment from AE.

I replaced the two original fans (right) with the two new ones (left). My original fans are different from the D050S.

Disappointment ensured. The new fans were louder than original ones.

I didn’t do any scientific measurements but only did a baseline measurement from app from my phone at the same place.

• original fans 55 db
  • new fans 60 db

Sucks, I put the originals back in but the original fans are decent enough.

wow… thats bad ^^.

Thanks for your update!

So i got the adapters today it was the wrong size so i cut the wires, fans is really silent you can hear them but there is crazy difference with the stock fans.

So if someone want to make the same upgrade must buy 2x Gelid Silent 5 and 2x2.5mm two pin adapter.
The db difference is something like 20db less than original fans, about unit temprature because here start get cold my room temp is 22c so must test it in summer when room is over 34c.

wow, 20db is a lot! Thanks for giving us this little update. The only thing to mention is, that this fans cant prodce the same airflow as the stock fans. But its impressive how much its actual quieter

The airflow looks the same to be honest after sometime fans spin faster and the db jump from 50 to 58db probably the same on the stock fans still more quiet than original.

Really? I see that fan on some youtube channels. They build it into some older bluetti models like the AC50S as an upgrade. But they mentioned that the unit gets a bit hotter than befoure.

Maybe I’m wrong but the unit after an hour still almost cold, but the air comming out is hot.

1 Like